Products for smoothing/softening new growth

northernbelle

I am looking for a good product for smoothing/softening/moisturizing new growth.

What do you use? I am looking for a product which won't produce a great deal of build-up.

Thanks in advance!

northernbelle

Me too, nb. its time for retouch; but I'd really like to try this extended retouch thing everyone raves about. HELP
huh.gif

Well, I'm not relaxed, but if I were (lol) I would probably use a mixture of coconut oil and castor oil or wildgrowth oil.
hth

You all know what I'm going to say...Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. It's made my transitioning SO much easier!

I'm just starting the castor oil. I heard refined coconut oil is good too. And must check out Hairlove's Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter.

I'm gonna get smacked for this but UBH's Creame Moisturizer has done a really nice job on my newgrowth as well.

Tebby

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
Profectiv Root health (green tub) does a great job of making my new growth soft

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!!

Does anyone use the root health throughout the whole length of the hair? I did a couple days ago and it felt ok when I put it on but after it dried it my hair was very matted
mad.gif
I've also used MegaGrowth (last year) but I don't remember it making my hair matted or tangled.

Sheabutter ...try mixing it with a little serum. WHen I use this and the curling iron to straighten, my newgrowth "appears" to be relaxed.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ballet_bun said:
Sheabutter ...try mixing it with a little serum. WHen I use this and the curling iron to straighten, my newgrowth "appears" to be relaxed.

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good tip...I've never tried that before.

Tebby

the castor oil didn't work for me. all it did was leave my hair feeling coarse and dry. I wonder why?

Maybe if you heated it or mixed it with another product (ie leave in, cream moisturizer) it would work a little better.

Tebby

Back