product review- Wheat Germ vegetable protein rinse

mirrormirror

I haven't started a post in a while, Ive mainly been reading conditioner reviews. Well I have finally found an awesome conditioner, and all this time it has been sitting in my bathroom cabinet.
Im talking about Wheat Germ (Germen de Trigo)
vegetable protein rinse, made in the Dominican Republic. Out of all the Dominican conditioners as well as other conditioners, this comes out on top, not only is it moisturizing, but it detangles like silk. And my hair came out so soft. And I have been having major problems with finding a conditioner that actually detangles and softens my hair.
I have the 12 oz bottle that I paid $3.99. Now I just have to remember where I bought it.

Here are the ingredients

cetyl alcohol
glycerine
behentrimonium chloride
wheat glutten
amino acids
citric acid
sodium benzoate
methylparaben
proplene glycol
water
fragrance

the bottle reads..........
This is the most effective solution for dry and damaged hair. Wheat germ protects your hair and scalp from the sun, restoring health, body and shine. The moisturizing properties of amino acids and proteins found in wheat germ are ideally suited for treating dry, damaged or processed hair. It gains body and manageability plus a healthy shine.

flip_1.jpg

Now why did you have to go and post this...now I'll have to add this to my to-try list. I think this is the one I've been eyeing for a while anyway. I probably never would have purchased it but since you mentioned it, I guess I'll HAVE to try it now.

Actually I probably saw the conditioner. Before I go out and buy it, it's the rinse not the conditioner right?

thank you so much. i have had my eyes on these for so long. its just that i had apretadora when i was thinking of using this. i will defintely check this out. God bless you all.

What type of stores have you guys seen the wheat germ rinse? What color is the product?

An old classmate of mine used to use wheat germ as a preshampoo treatment. It had a dark brown color.....So I am wondering if this is the same product.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
daviine said:
it's the rinse not the conditioner right?

[/ QUOTE ]

right...its the rinse, it'll say vegetable protein rinse on the front label but when you read the description on the back it'll say wheat germ conditioner.

lexi_24 said:
What type of stores have you guys seen the wheat germ rinse? What color is the product?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kinda very light yellowish, pinkish, creamish in color. I now remember buying it in a spanish grocery store.

mirrormirror said:

It's kinda very light yellowish, pinkish, creamish in color. I now remember buying it in a spanish grocery store.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for letting me know.

It's great to hear this because I just picked up a bottle of that (rysell brand) at the Botanica Boricua in Arlington, VA. Since it said it was a "reconstructing conditioner" I was thinking to use it in place of my ORS Hair Mayo.
How did you use it? I was gonna hot oil, shampoo, Use the wheat germ stuff, then a moisturizing conditioner. But maybe I wouldn't need an additional conditioner, hmm...

Oh wait. I just looked at my bottle and we don't have the same thing. The ingredients in mine are:

Deionized Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cethyl Alcohol, Wheat Germ, Panthenol-PRO, Biotin, Cethyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Coconut Dietanolamide, Natural Organic Proteins, FD&amp;C Certified Colorants, Methyl Paraben and Proply Paraben.
Oh well. I plan on using and posting my review.
You gotta tell me what brand you have so I can try that one too!
smile.gif

I just used it as a regular conditier, I washed my hair with Lanza protein plus and then I put on the wheat germ conditioner and left it in my hair for about an hour (no heat), although next time I might try it with heat. And then I rinsed.

The back of the bottle says NORUEL made in the Dominican Republic by Noruel, Mimor distributors

thanks for the review i'm thinking of purchasing this and the apretadora stuff on my next PJ binge at the BSS!

Thanks for the review. It's always great reading about good hair care products (especially conditioners).
smile.gif

Ok I went to the store where I bought it and they only had one. But they did have several of the conditioning cream (16 oz). So I bought one of those. The rinse and the conditioning cream is basically the same thing, same packaging, same fragrance, consistency and everything.

But the conditioning cream does not contain a few of the ingredients that the rinse has. But I guess it'll work the same ( I hope).

wheat germ rinse (ingredients)
cetyl alcohol
glycerine
behentrimonium chloride
wheat glutten
amino acids
citric acid
sodium benzoate
methylparaben
proplene glycol
water
fragrance

wheat germ conditioning cream (ingredients)

cetyl alcohol
behentrimonium chloride
wheat germ amino acids
citric acid
sodium benzoate
methylparaben
water
fragrance

Back