PRODUCT REVIEW: Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk

westNDNbeauty

DSC01901-e1326079779590.jpg

PRODUCT SPECS

Price: $15.00 (8 oz.)
Where to Buy: Pura Body Naturals
Product Claims: Murumuru Moisture Milk is a lightweight water based moisturizer which can be used as a daily moisturizer for those in need of moisture and sheen. It can also be used a leave-in conditioner to moisture and help maintain soft healthy hair.
Ingredients: water, murumuru butter, BTMS (behentrimonium sulfate and cetearyl alcohol), castor bean oil, palm oil, avocado oil, chamomile extract, vitamin E, phenoxyethanol, capryl glycol (paraben and formaldehyde free preservative), fragrance and/or essential oil.

THE REVIEW

As discussed in a previous Pura Body Naturals review, the scent of the Tahitian Vanilla fragrance is lovely. It’s a scent that is almost like Oyin Handmade’s Honey Hemp Conditioner. Very fruity and sweet, but not over powering.

Time and time again I’ve shared that I’ve been in search of a moisturizer that can compare to Qhemet's Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee (CTDG). To find a product that is able to truly moisturize my hair is one thing. To find one that behaves quite similarly to my #1 staple is even better. I think Pura Body Naturals seems to have come the closest to duping my beloved Qhemet Biologics staple.

Murumuru Butter is grown in the depths of the Amazon and has been known its anti-inflammatory and bactericide properties. It’s rich oleic acid content promotes nutrition and moisture to skin and hair. Murumuru acts as an excellent emollient properties along with its natural gloss brings a desirable shine to dry, damaged hair.

The Murumuru Moisture Milk is a great product for a few reasons; it provides excellent slip for detangling wet hair, is a great moisturizer for both dry and wet hair as well as for blow drying, has the ability to provide hold for weekly styles and adds minimal build-up with daily use.
DSC01707-e1326074178414.jpg

This picture illustrates the difference in thickness of the Sapote Lotion (right), another PBN product, compared to the Murumuru Moisture Milk (left). Notice the Sapote Lotion is thinner texture. It began sliding down my palm immediately. The Murumuru Moisture Milk is much thicker and I also think it to moisturizes better.
The one con regarding the Murumuru Moisture Milk is it lacks ability to smooth the strands as well as the CTDG. In the pics below you will notice there is a slight difference when it comes to the smoothness of the strand. The moisture milk does not appear to help the cuticle lay as flat which results in a rougher, less glossy finish.
DSC01654-e1324263373239.jpg

The above photo depicts hair after use of Murumuru Moisture Milk.

The photo above depicts the finish of my hair with use of the CTDG.

All in all, I’ve been using the Murumuru Moisture Milk for over a month on every single wash day. This moisturizer has replaced Karen’s Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia, which was a previous staple in my regimen for detangling wet hair. I can say the Murumuru Moisture Milk performs just as good as and maybe even better than the KBB Sweet Ambrosia because it moisturizes wet hair just as well as already dried hair. I purchased 3 additional bottles of the milk before the BOGO sale ended. With both the CTDG and the MMM in rotation, I should be ok until the next sale.

A complete and detailed review of Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee can be found on my blog.

Love, Love, Love the Murumuru Lotion from PBN.:drool:

I also tried them both and prefer the MM to the Sapote Hands Down.:up:

I used it as a leave-in this past weekend for the first time. Yeah, let's just say my hair digs this somethin' ferocious! I loved the thickness and ease of combing, particularly as I was prepping my hair for twists. The scent is delicious as well.

I probably won't try the sapote until summertime :yep:, due to the difference in texture.

I love your hair. :drool:

I've been meaning to purchase the CTDG for such a long time, and still haven't. After seeing your hair and review, I have to purchase.

Question I just used this and my hair is feeling a little dry, can you dilute this, or use it for sealing?

Back