Problems with relaxer after using MTG

nyreebnks

I am have problems getting my hair to be str8 since I been using MTG, This is my second relaxer since I started with MTG about 5 months ago .I also am strenghing for 8-10 weeks at a time.

Do anyone have suggestions on what home perm I can use that will get my her st8, Current it is wavy and my wraps look puffy

You can go an look at my album to see what I am talking about

Last edited:
having the same problem with my nest. i've been using motions for years with no problem. now it can't seem to get straight.

i'm gonna try ors in december. i've heard alot of great reviews on it and it's very affordable.

I am on my third stretch currently. I will relax this weekend making my 12.5 week stretch! However, what I've noticed about MTG is it makes my roots kinda hard. I stop using the MTG weekly at around 7 weeks post( when the roots get really noticible). Then the final weeks of the stretch I concentrate more on moisturizing with a softener (Sta-Sof-Fro). This so far seems to work for me. I also used Silk Elements Lye last relaxer and it got bone straight. HTH:)

I do feel relieved to know that I am not by myself , I thought I was just losing my touch when it came down to relaxering my hair

IF you clarify about 3-4 days before you relax, it should get straight. The sulphur in the mtg actually works against the perm. It will also burn really really bad:eek:

MTG strikes again!:lol: I thought it was just me, too! I am not dropping MTG though because it makes my hair uber stong. It also makes my hair need touch ups more often. I am transitioning for this reason. I am tempted to try to relax one last time with SE tho.

I had the same problem with MTG and it left my hair a little underprocessed in certain areas of my head.
I was using Surge and Mtg with my hair braided and when I took braids out my hair was thick with rough new growth.
I decided not to use mtg just to see how my hair reacts when I relax next time.

The same thing happened to me. So of course I came on here and did a search and some of the very helpful ladies suggested MTG users should clarify a week or so before the relaxer and don't use MTG that whole week before the relaxer. The next time I relaxed I didn't have any problems and my hair was not underprocessed.

I agree. My hair became very very resistant since starting MTG. It was resistant before, but now it's worse. lol.

Same problem here. I have had trouble getting more hair straight since using MTG which I started using it early last year. When I self relaxed with Affirm it did nothing for me. After many tries using a different relaxer (Vitale) I am going to let a Dominican stylist try to handle my puffy hair.

queenspence said:
IF you clarify about 3-4 days before you relax, it should get straight. The sulphur in the mtg actually works against the perm. It will also burn really really bad:eek:

What do you mean when you say I should clarify?

What is a clarify:confused:

MTG is causing the opposite effect on my hair:perplexed .....or, could it be the relaxer? I use Mizani and my stretch is usually 12 -14 weeks, but my hair always comes out super straight, which is not the look I prefer...mmmmm....

Back