Preventing Overlapping when relaxing!!!

gissellr78

hey ladies,

I am due for a relaxer in 2 weeks...I want to know what do i need to apply to prevent overlapping. If is oil...I have EVOO, Avocado oil and coconut oil...

So let me know please

Some good ways to prevent overlapping relaxers are:

1. Stretch your relaxers so that your NG is long enough to decipher from the relaxed ends.

2. Section off your hair (I like doing it in four sections). This way you can better control what parts you are applying your relaxer to.

3. Apply conditioner and/or oil to your previously relaxed ends. This will prevent any chemical that may accidentally touch that area from further processing it.

I put conditioner on everything but the new growth to protect my hair fromoverlapping. I do this everytime I get my hair relaxed. You can use any conditioner, preferably garlic to stop sheding and breakage, or a mositurizing conditioner. Sometimes I mix both. Either way, I feel alot more protected when I do this. you don't have to saturate the hair, just lightly and evenly over the relaxed hair, careful not to touch the new growth. Even if you do touch, it won't have any adverse affects to relaxing.
HTH

Back