Prevent Flatironed hair from reversion

remnant

Hi naturals or permed Ladies :) ,
What are your tips when you take a bath to prevent damping/wetting/reverting flatironed hair
(the shower cap alone doesn't work for me:ohwell: )?

I would wrap it with a silk scarf first and then wrap it with a terry cloth cover. You can either use a regular towel or get the ones that are specially made for the head. I press my hair on a consistent basis and I have found that this is what normally works best for me. I wouldn't use the shower cap b/c it is actually pulling moisture into the hair.

I wrap my hair with a silk scarf first then pull the shower cap down low on my forehead. I also make sure not to wash my face in the shower. I found that I push my shower cap up and all of my edges would be getting wet. So now I wash my face at the sink before I get in the shower.

tippy75 said:
I would wrap it with a silk scarf first and then wrap it with a terry cloth cover. You can either use a regular towel or get the ones that are specially made for the head. I press my hair on a consistent basis and I have found that this is what normally works best for me. I wouldn't use the shower cap b/c it is actually pulling moisture into the hair.
I do this too, it works really well

I keep my night head gear on under my shower cap. Also most nights I pin-curl my hair so that keeps stray hairs from sticking out and it also keeps the roots flat and the ends protected.

Back