Pretty nice ~website~ I found about hair!

Crystalicequeen123

I found this pretty cool website online, and it talked about african american hair, and how to care for it.

I don't know if anyone has posted links to this website already, but it had some pretty good tips! :up: It had basically all the information we post on this board daily, but it was somewhat condensed and on one site.

If you want to check it out here is the link: http://www.treasuredlocks.com/blhacafa.html

They had some pretty good information. :D

Isis said:
Thank you for the link! I read a lot on that site - it's pretting interesting. Their Natural Relaxer sounds interesting too.
http://www.treasuredlocks.com/chemical-free-natural-herbal-relaxer-texturizer.html

They have wonderful customer service. I've tried the baka natural relaxer before when I was natural. If you try it, I hope it works out better for you than it did for me. Also, it was extremely difficult for me to wash out all of the herbs in it. I don't know if that was because I was natural though and the herbs got stuck in my hair.

So that means you will not be able to get your curls/kinls back in your head for 6-8 weeks. That's what it says on the FAQ's. I'm not really feeling that. I wouldn't want my hair straight or "loosened" that long when I am natural. maybe a week or two but for 6-8 weeks that's too long (i guess not for people who will ear their hair straight all the time)

NewYorkgyrl said:
So that means you will not be able to get your curls/kinls back in your head for 6-8 weeks. That's what it says on the FAQ's. I'm not really feeling that. I wouldn't want my hair straight or "loosened" that long when I am natural. maybe a week or two but for 6-8 weeks that's too long (i guess not for people who will ear their hair straight all the time)

I don't know if they use the same formula or not but when I used the baka natural relaxer, i didn't notice any difference in my hair texture. But hey, maybe it works differently for everybody's hair.

Chinagem said:
They have wonderful customer service. I've tried the baka natural relaxer before when I was natural. If you try it, I hope it works out better for you than it did for me. Also, it was extremely difficult for me to wash out all of the herbs in it. I don't know if that was because I was natural though and the herbs got stuck in my hair.
You mean you can see the herbs in the relaxer? Wow, that's really natural!

Isis said:
You mean you can see the herbs in the relaxer? Wow, that's really natural!

When I bought this relaxer last year it came in a pouch. I poured the contents into a bowl and mixed it with water to make a paste. It looks like dirt with some bits of herbs in it. I was rinsing my hair forever. Make sure you use gloves with it b/c it could possibly stain your nails (as was the case with me). I only used it once but who knows, maybe it would have yielded better results if i'd used it more. I just wasn't impressed so I decided not to spend anymore money on more packets.

You're welcome for the link everybody! :D

I was just searching online and found it. I'm actually quite surprised that a lot of their information is pretty legit! Sometimes it's hard to find reliable information about african american hair online on some websites. However, this one surprised me. :up:

A lot of the info on this site is pretty good. There are some things that I don't agree with though. I think you should deep condition more than once a month.

Back