pressing regmine . . . please help

ineedmoney

okay let me make this quick ya'll. i currently have my hair pressed w/a phony tail. now i really feel like my hair isn't really making ne improvements soo please help:
SHAMPOO- creme of nature once wk
deep conditoner- designers touch deep condtioner 1 a wk
live in- hask permaide, right after wash
oil mouisturizer- pink lotion daily
scalp- sulfur 8

vitamins- 300mcgs of biotin. everything else is out but i normally take a multi vitamin.
oh and just so you know i press once a week with maybe a little edge touch up in between. help me ya'll!!!!!!

What's not improving? The length? The feel?

When I wear my hair pressed for an extended amount of time, I follow this weekly routine:

wash (might be a conditoner wash)
deep condition (protein if necessary)
leave-in (avocado oil and moisturizing conditioner)

Daily treatment consists of treating ends with conditioner (Aubrey GPB, Elucence, or any moisturizing conditioner) and/or avocado oil. I try to stick with braidouts and twistouts as my styling methods and I also try my best to avoid using more heat.

I remember that Luster's Pink Oil. It didn't do a thing for me back in the day.
nono.gif

Maybe your pressing your hair too much. I press my hair once every THREE weeks, and yes the press does stay in. I wash my hair with Creme of Nature, Conditione with Creme of Nature, once in a while do a hot oil treatment by TCB, use Apex pressing oil to press my hair, and use TCB grease to keep it moisturized. I feel that if you don't press your hair so much, you will see some progress.

I had a problem like yours once. I got rid of the pink oil. First I tried the pink oil lite, and noticed a little improvement. Then I got rid of it altogether and noticed a lot of improvement.

Try the a hot oil treatment, shampooing, coditioning, then a watery leave in (not too much or mix with water). Put it in big braids or twist and air dry. Press with apex or a creamy hair press like the yellow cream press by Ultra Sheen.

My mother pressed my hair for years.

Here's how she did it:

Wash and condition hair.

Plait (braid) hair into sections. These sections will help you to press hair more easily. Allow to dry slightly.

While hair is somewhat damp,undo the plaits one section at a time, beginning with the back of the head. p

Press hair with a warm comb ( Mom used the kind that you have to heat up).

Use the *back* of the comb - this is the part that actually straightens the hair. Press each section straight enough to get out the kinks. Do this with the remaining sections.

Then, do a final press throughout the hair, to smooth. The first time, you simply want to get the kinks out.

Apply hair and scalp conditioner to scalp, and then brush hair thoroughly.

Proceed with styling and finishing.

See if this procedure helps you.

Mom actually pressed my hair once a week. Not sure how one gets by with pressing less than that. *Never* had damaged hair. It was actually shoulder-length back then.

northernbelle

Back