Pressing help for a natural who wants to learn how to press :)

zzirvingj

Can someone lead to me a fotki with instructions, a hair journal, or SOMETHING that gives step by step instructions on pressing hair?

I am trying to gain all the info I can on pressing b4 I do it myself. I am very scared b/c when my stylist presses, she blows it out first, then uses a pressing comb and then a flat iron to bump the ends under.

I am trying to decide if I can get the same effect without all of those steps. But at the same time I'm scared I will spend all this time trying and end up with the big, poofy, semi-straight look that some naturals who try to press on their own complain about.

I also need a flat iron so I'm taking recommendations for that too ;)

I want to get a maxiglide but is it true they "rust" over time?? A coworker had told me this happened to hers.

when you press your hair, does your hair revert back to the curly style once you wash?

It should revert back curly unless you damage it with a too hot iron or if you don't use a heat protectant on your hair first.

There was a member here names Sweetyb, who used to press her hair pretty regularly. She had some good advice for me once. You might try contacting her by PM. She probably has some helpful hints for you :)

Have you thought about roller setting your hair first and then going over it with the flat iron with a heat protectant? That would cut down all those steps you mentioned in your OP. I believe AFashionSlave did it that way and her hair looked great straight.

Back