Pressed My Hair!

Ooohh! I love it! :D This is great progress since Dec '04 and your hair is really pretty. How long did you transition??

It looks very shiny and pretty. You are a brave soul. I would be too afraid to press my hair, because I don't know what I'm doing and I would probably fry it and then not be able to get my curls back. I love to look at albums of naturals who successfully press their hair without damage. I haven't wanted to straighten mine yet, but I'm sure there will be a time when I'd like to see my progress as far as length is concerned. Anyway, it looks beautiful. How long does it last when you press it?

Okay, I know this was a pressed hair post, but I LOVE your curls!! Your curly hair is just so pretty :D

thanks for the compliments everyone.

Dolapo, no one of my friends did them. they were a disappointment because not only were they too big for my taste but they were also sloppy

yeah they looked sloppy so i figured you ddi them youself. oopppss. your hair is very shiny. when its either pressed or curly. thats awesome

Nice job! I really like the layered look. I agree that you look great with curls also. See, that's exactly why I love natural hair . . . versatility!

you should have warned me to put some sunglasses on before visiting your site. Your hair is so shiny both pressed and curly!

Your hair looks great! Just wondering, when you say pressed are you referring to "flat iron" or an actual pressing comb? "Pressing" makes me think you use an actually "pressing comb". It looks great either way!

Last edited:
OMG, your curls are soooo pretty!!!! (im sure youve heard that from me before, but i had to say it again!)

i like the press! the cut is very cute....

thanks everyone! i usually don't press my hair too often. ill press it once a month or every other month and the most. i try not to because i have to use a lot of heat because my curls are kinda "stubborn" i guess you could say

Miss J, first I wash by doing a hot oil treatment, shampoo twice, and deep condition for 20-30 mins w/ heat. second i add my leave in conditioner and some oil to my ends and blow dry my hair. last i add a little more oil to the ends and press out the hair with a flat iron.

Your hair looks very lovely, I also have to agree with Nay, your curls are so pretty. You have gorgeous looking hair.

Back