Pre Treatments

extra vrigin olive oil with coconut oil for me! I've been melting some shea butter with that too and I like the results
smile.gif

i never try any of them maybe i need to since i suffer from dry scalp also what do u ladies think help out this brotha here? lol

hollla

I use:

Tropical Avocado Conditioning Hair Cream
&
Tropical Milk and Honey Conditioning Hair Cream

I like to use extra virgin olive oil. Keiron, I would say to try the olive oil as a pre-shampoo treatment. I had a really dry scalp and I didn't know what to do. So, I tried it, and it worked. Plus, it's inexpensive, this is always a plus
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I like to use extra virgin olive oil. Keiron, I would say to try the olive oil as a pre-shampoo treatment. I had a really dry scalp and I didn't know what to do. So, I tried it, and it worked. Plus, it's inexpensive, this is always a plus
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I agree about the dryness. I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Cold Pressed). I notice that my hair appears thicker also since using it.
smile.gif
However, my favorite is still Coconut Oil.

Either extra virgin olive oil, or virgin coconut oil. Sometimes liquid shea butter/shea oil (not the solid shea butter melted).

Always mixed with essential oils.

dstdiva,

Do you have any difficulty rinsing the honey out?

What are the proportions that you are using?

Thanks...

Lately my fav pre-treatments are:
Aveda's Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate
Phytonectar
Phytopolleine fortifying essential oils for the scalp

[ QUOTE ]
dstdiva,

Do you have any difficulty rinsing the honey out?

What are the proportions that you are using?

Thanks...

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a recipe on the recipe board, but i use 2 tablespoons of honey and 4 of the evoo. i put them in a plastic sandwich baggie. then i heat some water in the microwave and put the baggie in the water. it's a little sticky putting it on, but rinses out easily.

What benefit does the honey have if the hair has to be wet for the honey to act as the humectant that it is?

I have a super oily scalp; so no oil treatments for me.
Usually my routine is to pre-treat with Keracare's dry and itchy scalp conditioner about twice a week. It stimulates my scalp, which can only be a good thing.

I usually rinse my hair add the keracare and sit with a shower cap for about 20 minutes. Then I shampoo over the keracare and then condition again with whatever I like that day.
hth

Keiron...I've used just plain natural jojoba (the golden sort) on my uncle's hair and he loved it (he tends to be quite dry too). It only takes a tiny amount, it abosrbs quicky, and doesn't have any discernable or long lasting smell.

I'm assuming that you are a guy w/ normal "guy length" hair...not locs or anything....if so, jojoba may be just right for you. LOL...a plus for you is being that you are in the UK and jojoba is generally expensive even in the US (it's native to the US), a small bottle will last you a LONG time!
smile.gif

Nice to see a man here....makes a change.

Let's see....

1) VO5 "Shower Works" Moisturizing Hot Oil
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

2) Hot 6 Oil
love.gif
love.gif

3) experimenting with a castor, rosemary oil mix on the scalp with avocado oil on the hair.... so far so good
smile.gif
trampoline.gif

Back