Pre-Shampooing

jamiette

The more research I do in the forum, the more I read about "pre-pooing". What is the purpose of treating the hair before shampooing it? What are the benefits of doing this? Thanks in advance for responding. :)

Well I can speak for myself and myself only. It depends what your are using to pre-poo. I have a product by Mizani that helps moisturize my scalp and hair and makes it less likely that the shampoo doesn't strip too much of my oils from my hair. IMO I believe pre-poo is totally optional. Some folks benefit from it and other don't see much benefits. Good luck.

I pre-poo becuase my hair comes out better then if I were to just shampoo and condition it. :)

Not only that but my first lather of shampooing after the pre-poo is easier. :yep:

twice a month i do a pre-poo hot oil treatment, for me help loosen up the grit and grime make my hair nice an soft easier to deal with but for some it does nothing just gotta try it and see

I pre-poo to give my hair extra moisture & lubrications before allowing water & soap to strip everything away... When washing the dirt out you run the risk of having your hair become too dry. With a pre-poo you keep that from happening.

For me my hair is very soft & moist when the whole treatment is done. I remember how it was before the tretments & my hair was hard to manage. My hard would be hard as if I didn't run water through it. When it dried, it was horrible. The pre-poo relaxes my hair and I'm able to work with it after I wash... It has been a very handy tip!:yep:

Ladies who have their journals on LHCF or Fotki have listed the benefits that their pre-poos have given their tresses!
-HTH:look:

I pre-shampoo my hair so that it is easier to deal with when I shampoo it. When I pre-shampoo my hair, it has less knots and tangles and is easier to manage when I am shampooing. When I used to just shampoo and condition, my hair would have more tangles in it and it was harder to comb through, resulting in more hair falling out in the process.

The reasons that I pre-poo is because as we know the hair is weaker whenever it is wet. So by me strengthening/moisturizing the hair (with conditioner and hotoils) before I wet it, then i am giving it a little extra strength before i begin washing. Also, i apply oil to my ends so that when i am shampooing, i am washing away the excess oils, BUT i am not stripping my hair of the oil necessary for my hair's health.

And since your pre-poo trtmnt is rinsed out immediately, any cheapie conditioner will do.

hope this helps...

Back