Pre-poo gone wrong???

cherxy777

I pre-pooed for the first time this evening with extra virgin olive oil and a little bit of vo5 moisture milk, for 2 hours, washed with chi infra moisturizing shampoo, and used a rinse out...now my hair is sooooo dry. What did I do wrong?

I pre-pooed for the first time this evening with extra virgin olive oil and a little bit of vo5 moisture milk, for 2 hours, washed with chi infra moisturizing shampoo, and used a rinse out...now my hair is sooooo dry. What did I do wrong?
Don't quote me on this, but I think the Moisture Milks are protein based. Have you used EVOO (olive oil) in the past? For me, my hair doesn't like EVOO. Also, what is a rinse out? Did you DC with something moisturizing?

i rinsed out with the Vo5 rather than doing a DC; usually Vo5 works fine for my hair (is a very very light protein), but it may be because im 13 weeks post, im really not sure...

It was the chi infra that did it. Have you ever used that shampoo before? In my experience I have also had extreme drying when washing my hair with that product.

It was the chi infra that did it. Have you ever used that shampoo before? In my experience I have also had extreme drying when washing my hair with that product.

yep, its one of my staple shampoos; never done me wrong; but i wonder if its possible to pre-poo without shampooing, and just use a rinse out conditioner? no shampoo? I think I'll try that for my second one. But im worried about build up; oh well :ohwell: we'll see :)

Same exact thing happened to me. I call myself doing a HOT/prepoo with EVOO and my hair felt like straw. Thats what I get for straying away from the norm. :nono: I have to remember my hair is as lazy as me :)

I have a friend whose hair doesn't like EVOO but it loves grapeseed oil. Try another oil minus the conditioner and prepoo overnight if possible. Pre pooing with a conditioner just doesn't work for me. I've seen more shedding than normal that way.

I only use oils for prepooing. If I don't prepooing I cowash instead. I don't really like vo5. Its just good to have around because its cheap.

Back