Pre-mixed conditioner cocktail works better...

Divine Inspiration

Ok, so this might sound kind of crazy, but I've experimented with mixing my conditioner cocktail or putting my EVOO into my con a day or two before I intend to actually use and leaving the bowl in the microwave.

I notice a difference when I do this. I'm guessing it's because the cons have had time to infuse whether than being chunky inconsistent dollops or oil sitting on top of con.

The first time I experienced this was an accident. I mixed my cons w/ intention to poo/DC and something came up and I couldn't so I had to sit my conditioner mix aside until the next day.

On Wednesday afternoon, I mixed my conditioner cocktail and added EVOO. I didn't stir although I usually do. I put the mix in the microwave to keep it from drying out/spoiling. On Thursday night, I stirred the mix and used it to deep condition during my CO wash. The results were very different from the week when I merely mixed 5-10 min. before the wash and then applied.

I've done this two or three times to be sure I wasn't foolin myself, but the conditioner really has done a better job of penetrating the shaft when I've allowed them to get acquainted for a few hours.

I would imagine that microwaving for a few seconds would have the same effect.

I know this is a little far-fetched, but has anyone else had this experience???

i will try that for my next wash :) probably just for a few hours though, not a few days of letting it sit

I'll try it on Sunday, I just whipped up a batch of Miss key 10 en 1, EVOO, Honey and Nexxus keraphix, I used it on my daughter immediately after her Vitale Life and Body relaxer (and BTW it's definately a keeper:D ) but I'll report back on sunday to see if it worked better than today.

I did try this on Sunday and it worked really well, reminds me of a hot oil treatment/protein/DC all in one, my hair was left moisturized, oiled and so was my scalp w/o the greasy feeling. I also used this on my mothers and cousins hair and let me tell you, my mother really doesn't keep up w/moisturizing like she should, and this stuff knock her hair back on track, from brillo to butter soft 8 months post relaxer NG and all I was able to run my fingers straight through after the 20 min DC, and the shine was unbelievable. :grin: :D :) ;)

i doctor my conditioners with glycerin, coconut oil and liquid aloe vera and they turn out great- my hair loves it. My last experiment was adding glycerin and coconut oil to my miss keys 10 en 1 super conditioner and my hair turned out great.

Back