Ppl are asking....What is Megatek?

ChocalateDiva

Introduction

Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder is a hair product created by EQyss. It was originally designed for humans as a hair cell regenerator for hair that had been damaged by perm, chemicals, or heat. Currently, it is marketed for pets and horses, but when EQyss increased some of the ingredients to better penetrate thick horse hair . . . VOILA! Hair growth benefits were noticed for humans as well.

How Did I Discover the EQyss Line of Products?

I became familiar with the superior line of EQyss products by noticing that my grandparents asked for them by name at the feed store.

When cancer hit my grandmother and chemotherapy treatments left her balding and her long hair would come out in clumps, she would just smile and refer to her "miracle" treatment that would grow her hair back quickly in no time at all.

What was that miracle treatment? It was simply EQyss Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder.

An Exclusive Interview with Don Van, CEO of EQyss!

Here is a brief segment from an exclusive interview that Mr. Don Van, CEO of EQyss gave www.longhairlovers.com. Enjoy! You should notice that EQyss Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder is strong enough for a horse . . . but was MADE for a woman.

"Q: Don, why was Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder originally created?

A: It was originally designed to regenerate hair that had been burned by chemicals when women used color treatments or had damage from perms.

Q: What is Mega-Tek Rebuilder, and what makes it so special?

A: Cell Rebuilder and Rebuilder are the same product. It is the only product we know of that makes hair 30% stronger so less breaks off and falls out. It also makes it grow back up to 50% faster. The hair also becomes thicker and fuller.

Q: What is the best way to use the Rebuilder? Leave it in, rinse it out, leave it on for how long, then rinse out, etc.? I know that it is currently designed for horses, and not for humans, so the results will be different, but please answer the questions with the knowledge you have and for the source, such as horses.

A: First, start off by washing your hair with our Premier Shampoo, because it is the only shampoo that does not coat the hair with wax, silicone or petroleum by-products. Other products work, just not as good because they coat the hair. After washing, use Mega-Tek like a conditioner. Leave it on for about 5 minutes and then rinse it out. This is how it should be used for all animals and humans.

Q: Is the Rebuilder a vegan product? Are the ingredients from animal sources or vegan sources?

A: We do not use any animal by products. All EQyss products are manufactured cruelty-free and environmentally friendly. All our products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee."

Specifics About Mega-Tek For Humans

You've just heard that the CEO of EQyss freely and readily encourages the use of Mega-Tek by humans! Pay a visit to the www.eqyss.com website and you will see an entire section devoted to "Human Cross-Over Uses". I always smile when I see the EQyss motto: "Fit for Man or Beast!"

I use Mega-Tek daily to ensure that my long hair is strong and healthy. I have used this product for about a year, after rediscovering it. I use it as a deep conditioning treatment and then rinse out, OR I will leave a small amount on the hair and scalp and leave it in.

I also use the EQyss Avocado Mist Conditioner, which I dilute with water and spray on my wet hair before styling. Very good stuff, and no silicone, wax or synthetic polymers to coat the hair. The stuff you buy in the store that claims to make your hair "shine"? It is actually going to coat your hair and give it temporary shine while suffocating the hair shaft and long term results are not good.

Mega-Tek has the consistency of a thick cream conditioner for humans. It comes in a black bottle with colorful lettering, and fits right in your shower with all of the other bottles of shampoo and conditioner! The scent is mild but pleasant - rather fruity I would say but that is even stretching it a bit - this stuff won't overwhelm you with a particular smell.

Here is further information from the www.EQyss.com website that illustrates the value of Mega-Tek for the chemotherapy patient, those taking high blood pressure medication and the long nail lover too!

"Chemotherapy patients really like this product because it grows their hair back faster and they lose less hair during the treatment. It is also used by people who are experiencing hair loss due to high blood pressure medication.

Mega-Tek will regrow your fingernails up to 50% faster and make them 30% stronger. Apply a little on your cuticle daily and you will have finger nails like you have never seen before."

Specifics About Mega-Tek Use For Horses or Dogs!

Mane and tail hair can get extremely dry, especially when horses are frequently bathed for shows. With Mega-Tek the hair just doesn't break off as easily. Hair regrowth is speeded up "on bare spots caused by halter and blanket rubs, skin conditions, or injuries." The hooves on a horse will "grow from 10% to 50% faster" and 30% stronger. "Sand cracks and chipping are reduced, quarter cracks heal faster, shoes hold better, fantastic for shelly footed horses." The Horse Journal named Mega-Tek the Product of the Year as the "best product for getting out burrs!"

For the horse, wash with Premier Shampoo (bright blue in color and smells terrific but I have used it for my hair and it dried it out a bit - keep the Premier strictly for your horse!) and then apply Mega-Tek to the hooves or hot spot and leave on or rinse after five minutes. The tail and mane should be rinsed, in my opinion, regardless of the printed instructions. Remember that this is a deep conditioner, and the longer it stays on the better (up to five minutes) but horse manes and tails can get a bit "gummy" and sticky if you leave the Mega-Tek on too long.

For your doggie dearest, Mega-Tek would also be indicated for hot spots or stress related bald spots. After washing the dog with water and a good pet shampoo, apply Mega-Tek and then you may rinse off after five minutes. On hot spots, I would suggest leaving this product on without rinsing.

Ingredients

Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenal, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids, methylparaben, mucopoly-saccharides, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance

Where to Purchase

Try your local horse supply store or do what many end up doing and buy directly from EQyss via their online store or another competitively priced online merchant.

16 oz. Mega-Tek = $29.95 + UPS Ground from zip code 92013

(shipping is from Carlsbad, California to your address - I calculated mine on www.ups.com and it was a whopping $7.50!)

Arcata Pet
http://www.arcatapet.com/eqyss.cfm

16 oz. Mega-Tek = $26.42 + UPS Ground $5.99 or less! DEAL!
(this website GUARANTEES a shipping cost of $5.99 or UNDER)

Conclusion

I hope you have enjoyed this adventure into the wild world of cross-over grooming products. I know it can be a bit disconcerting to explain to your guests why there is HORSE CONDITIONER in your shower! But I've won many friends over to Mega-Tek, and felt so wonderful about helping those suffering from hair loss or fallout. Losing 100-150 hairs daily is normal. Anything beyond that and perhaps you may want to consider investing in this miracle product that has been tried and tested.

The days of treating animals like second-class citizens need to be long gone. I wouldn't dream of putting a product on my Arabian-Shetland horse, my Himalayan cat or my Bernese Mountain Dog that I wouldn't try on my own hair! For that matter, my scrawny stray cat Sophie Girl gets nothing but the best either - who cares if she isn't a "purebred"! The grooming needs of our animals are simply not that far from our own. Admittedly, the EQyss Premier Shampoo did dry my hair out a bit, but my hair is damaged to begin with and needs special care. I respect EQyss because they are committed to not using silicones or cheap waxes in their products. They actively promote Mega-Tek as a cell rebuilder that can do a world of good for humans, since after all, it is strong enough for a horse . . . but MADE FOR A WOMAN!

~Melissa

To Contact EQyss:

EQyss Grooming Products
PO Box 130-008
Carlsbad, CA 92013

Phone: 1-800-526-7469
Fax: 760-599-0808

29623237-177x150-0-0.jpg

thanks that answers alot of my questions, That MT thread is way too big and overwhelming. And with alot of people asking the same unanswered questions I just can't bring myself to read it just yet.

A: First, start off by washing your hair with our Premier Shampoo, because it is the only shampoo that does not coat the hair with wax, silicone or petroleum by-products. Other products work, just not as good because they coat the hair. After washing, use Mega-Tek like a conditioner. Leave it on for about 5 minutes and then rinse it out. This is how it should be used for all animals and humans

I use MT, but it makes me laugh when companies write nonsense like this, I mean I'm sure they've used/researched every shampoo available haven't they!

Anyone know where to buy this 'in-store' in new york? Would Petland have it? lol. I just hate all this internet crap with shipping and handling and WORSE, WAITING FOR THE MAILMAN! :wallbash:

do a search and call around. See if their are any equestrian stores in your area. That's what I did and I found one locally and I am now officially a MTer

Anyone know where to buy this 'in-store' in new york? Would Petland have it? lol. I just hate all this internet crap with shipping and handling and WORSE, WAITING FOR THE MAILMAN! :wallbash:

Try the saddlery in midtown. It's on 24th St between Park and Lexington. I got cowboy magic there and they definitely carry megatek but i didn't see the cell rebuilder the day i went.

Back