Post Your Top 3 Favorite: Hair Styles, Youtubers, And Brands!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wavey:

It's been a few months since all of last year's Black Friday and end-of-the-year hauling. What are you using that you're loving and that you find yourself reaching for more and more? What looks are you loving? Who on YouTube is (still) worth your time?

Name your top 3 favorite . . . .
  1. hair styles,
  2. YouTubers, and
  3. hair product brands/vendors.
Lastly, what are you thinking about trying or doing next . . . whether it be a style, product, technique, tool, salon, etc.?

Pictures and videos are welcome!

Hair styles:
Elongated wash and go, low hanging puff, two flat twists to twist out for retention (currently practicing this).

YouTubers:
I'm really loving PowerInYourCurl, BeautifulBrwnBabyDol (hair, diet, skincare, etc.), and SunKissAlba.

I love PowerInYourCurl's hair journey video:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeautifulBrwnBabyDol

Brands:

Jakeala (her ayurvedic whipped shea butter, body scrub, etc.). I can't get over her peach scenting. Best scent I've ever experienced. It's divine.

Otherwise, I'm all over the place brands-wise: I love two of SM's masques, I love Bronner Brothers Firm Hold Curling Gel, I love the 22nd Century Shampoo Bar, I love Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener, and I love the slip of Curl Junkie products.

Next I will likely try:
  • investing in and using a standing dryer
  • Curl Origin twisting cream
  • Curl Origin overnight masque
  • Natur-All DC
  • Lanza CP Anti Aging Neem Plant Silk Serum

Hairstyles: Twists, wash and go, twistout puff

YouTubers: Too Much Mouth, Nyma Tang, Jackie Aina (I'm more into makeup these days and my YT reflects that right now)

Brands: Perfect Blends & Shescentit are the most consistent brands in my stash. Anything else is a 1-2 products loved kind of thing. APB and SSI are 'purchase a little something almost every time they have a sale' kind of brands for me :yep:

Future Stuff: Individual crochet locs, getting my short wigs styled to suit my face

Hair styles
1. Beach waves with a middle parting using satin rollers, loosen gently in the am for waves
2. Using the same beach wave look but the hair pulled into a loose/messy bun either to the side or back
3. Single fish tail braid to the back or the side

These are the styles that I tend to wear my hair most consistently

YouTubers
Not many, I don't really subscribe to or follow anyone but the people who I tend to watch are Socialite Sande and Jackie Aina

Hair product brands/vendors.

I use SachaJuan and Kerastase the most

I'm thinking about colouring my hair next, but I've been thinking about that for about a year now.

Hair Styles:

- I don't have any styles I like wearing currently. I'm horrible at styling my hair. I wear head wrap outside, but I'm trying my best to change :lachen:

Youtubers:

- Chizi Duru
- annetemint.
- I can't think of anyone else. I got bored with watching hair gurus along time ago. In my opinion, its not really their fault, its just that not every topic can produce endless amounts of new, interesting videos, and hair is one of those topics that can't. But I do notice that today it seems like to make the career of being a hair guru last, people are turning to doing videos on styling fake hair (lace fronts, crochet braids, wigs, etc.) and challenges to add more versatility to their channels.

Hair Products/Vendors:

- 3CayG. I haven't ordered from them yet but I plan on doing so in the future. They provide Shea butter and African black soap without a middle man, and purchasing from them supports the African women who make those products in Ghana. Also, part of their funds go towards buying much needed goods for Africans living in poverty. The owner is a blessed, philanthropic African American woman who is helping everyday to change lives.
- V05. Only line I can find with products that aren't packed with coconut oil or protein. Some of their products do have those things, but some don't. You just have to look for what suits your hair. They're cheap and efficient.
- Pompeian Inc. They're my fall-back company for oils on the ground. :2inlove:

Things I want to try:

Trying an avj spritz as a moisturizer.
Learning how to flat twist better (mine won't stay to the scalp no matter what I do) on freshly washed hair.
Being more accepting of my hair failures.
Finding a stretching method that I can do in under thirty minutes on freshly washed hair.
Ditching my wide tooth comb and relying solely on finger detangling.

Back