Post your Journeys and Updates

Janurary 2008:
Me 2008.jpg

This was my hair prior to getting it chopped off. You can't really see it very well, but I was between BSL and MBL at the time. I...HATED...IT! I wasn't a long hair kind of girl at the time.
My Hair Early On.jpg

The first pic is my hair when I first got it cut. I was at Walmart one day and randomly decided to go to Super Cuts and get it chopped off.

The second pic is of my hair the Day after. I LOVED IT!

The third is of my Hair once it started to grow out. Again, I was just not about that long hair life, so I chopped it again. This time my stylist did it and I again LOVED IT! This time I did a Asymmetrical cut with bangs.

2nd cut.jpg

After this cut, I moved about 4 hours away from home and was not able to see my home stylist the way I wanted to. So it was then that I started my hair journey January 2010.

Now fast forward 3 years and a couple setbacks later and I'm here.

2013-05-13_21.01.40.jpg
945388_577165635650509_132229249_n.jpg

Janurary 2008:

This was my hair prior to getting it chopped off. You can't really see it very well, but I was between BSL and MBL at the time. I...HATED...IT! I wasn't a long hair kind of girl at the time.

The first pic is my hair when I first got it cut. I was at Walmart one day and randomly decided to go to Super Cuts and get it chopped off.

The second pic is of my hair the Day after. I LOVED IT!

The third is of my Hair once it started to grow out. Again, I was just not about that long hair life, so I chopped it again. This time my stylist did it and I again LOVED IT! This time I did a Asymmetrical cut with bangs.

After this cut, I moved about 4 hours away from home and was not able to see my home stylist the way I wanted to. So it was then that I started my hair journey January 2010.

Now fast forward 3 years and a couple setbacks later and I'm here.

I love the bob with the bangs! Your hair looks gr8. :-) what have you learned since being on your journey? Do you find it easier to take care of your hair without your stylist? And are you relaxed, natural, tex?

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

I love the bob with the bangs! Your hair looks gr8. :-) what have you learned since being on your journey? Do you find it easier to take care of your hair without your stylist? And are you relaxed, natural, tex?

HPG

Since starting my journey I've learned that Healthy Hair is EVERYTHING when it comes to haircare in general. Length is beautiful, but if its damage there is no point of having the length at all. And yes I have found it easier to take care of my hair since starting my HHJ. But not for the reasons you may think. I depended on her for everything. She would try and show my different techniques and while I would listen, I always went to her to do them. Since beginning my journey I've become a complete D.I.Y'er and I'm lovin' it:).

Also, I'm Texturized/Texlaxed:)

Looking good! :-) Did you already know you were going to relax or did you just decide to do it? How different is your hair relaxed this time versus when you were relaxed before? Thank you.

HairPleezeGrow sorry I'm just seeing this. Thanks! I was consistently relaxer free for over 10 years but about a year ago I started thinking of relaxing. I researched different relaxers to use and how to care for relaxed hair...I rarely do anything spur of the moment lol. Honestly this is the first time I've been relaxed by choice. I've had about 5 relaxers in my life. As a child and teen my mother kept me in braids and only had my hair relaxed for special events. I guess I basically spent my childhood transitioning and relaxing lol. My hair was never past shoulder length from what I recall and always looked busted whenever it was out :look:.

spellinto: Beautiful hair, but you know you can't run up in here with hair like that and not post a regi :grin:

Omg I think I just fainted lol. Look at all that hair....so healthy looking too. Do you have a hard time with your hair? As far as styling and it getting caught bc of the length?

Thank you ladies! :)

My regimen is basically:
Wash 1x a week with CON Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo (I use this as a shampoo and conditioner because it is super moisturizing!). Detangle and apply moisturizer when hair's air drying.
Use a light protein deep conditioner (ORS Replenishing Conditioner) 1x a week.
Moisturize with NTM Silk Touch Leave In at least once every other day...I don't use any oils/sealants.
I wear protective/low manipulation styles throughout the week and clarify my hair when necessary.
That's basically it :yep:

I don't generally have a hard time with my hair unless I stray too far from my regimen with different products/techniques. During the beginnings of my hair journey it was a challenge to gauge what worked and what didn't, but now my hair's needs seem pretty basic. But yes, styling is still sometimes a hassle because of the thickness, but as long as I keep my new growth and relaxed hair detangled and moisturized, everything is fine. My biggest challenge right now is just keeping my pesky ends moisturized! :pullhair:

Last edited:
Hey imma do a update well on my edges my edges have been through so much it became so bald when I was 14 in grade 9 smh after I got a tight weave and kept putting on this stupid elastic hair bands on my edges my mom told me I was going to go bald boy was she right :yep: well I'm im 19 now and started my hair journey a couple of months ago so this is what my edges look like before and on its way back to normal

I am also trying to retain length but whats the point of having long hair and no edges lool haha

Attachments

• PicMonkeyv Collage-1.jpg
    PicMonkeyv Collage-1.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2805814862.jpg
    image-2805814862.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3767977549.jpg
    image-3767977549.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 86
  • PicMonkey Collage33.jpg
    PicMonkey Collage33.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Okay I'll bite. :grin:

This is when I first started my hair care journey back in April of 2008.

HPIM0904-vi.jpg

About 6 months in October, I started transitioning and in April of 2009 I big chopped and embarked on my natural hair journey. The first couple of years were great for growth, then I kinda started slacking on my hair care and was at a standstill for a whole year incurring lots of damage to my ends in 2011. It took all of 2012 to get my hair back on a healthy track and now I'm back to a good growth streak. This is where I'm currently, an official BSLer hoping to make WL by the end of the year! *fingers crossed* :yep::yep:

Snapshot261320131239AM-vi.png

Hey imma do a update well on my edges my edges have been through so much it became so bald when I was 14 in grade 9 smh after I got a tight weave and kept putting on this stupid elastic hair bands on my edges my mom told me I was going to go bald boy was she right :yep: well I'm im 19 now and started my hair journey a couple of months ago so this is what my edges look like before and on its way back to normal

I am also trying to retain length but whats the point of having long hair and no edges lool haha

You are progressing well and your edges look so nice and full. What have you been doing/putting on them?

HPG

Okay I'll bite. :grin:

This is when I first started my hair care journey back in April of 2008.

About 6 months in October, I started transitioning and in April of 2009 I big chopped and embarked on my natural hair journey. The first couple of years were great for growth, then I kinda started slacking on my hair care and was at a standstill for a whole year incurring lots of damage to my ends in 2011. It took all of 2012 to get my hair back on a healthy track and now I'm back to a good growth streak. This is where I'm currently, an official BSLer hoping to make WL by the end of the year! *fingers crossed* :yep::yep:

Man girl you have some beautiful thick hair. Thank you for sharing your journey as well as your setback. Just gawgeous ma'am!

HPG

You are progressing well and your edges look so nice and full. What have you been doing/putting on them?

HPG

thanks girl I have alternating between mega tek and jbco when I have a weave in I only use mega tek because I notice when I oil my edges with the jbco some of my weave gets oily and looks nasty and I have to constantly be washing it but I am also taking hair infinity I started taking it in march so that could also be a factor

NOVERMBER 2004
IMG_0381-vi.jpg

APRIL 2013
IMG_20130424_122032_711-vi.jpg

Lot's of trial and error and hair cuts in between, but I'm set now and I'm well on my way to my goals from this point forward :)

I had a horrible setback in October 2011; combination of mechanical damage & an improper moisture/protein balance exacerbated by practically non-existent trimming led to this:

100_3653.jpg

100_3662.jpg

October Trim.jpg

--all hair was pushed to that side in picture one & all hair was combed straight back in picture two. SMH. The third pic was the first on many deep trims.

About 1.5 years later (as depicted below) I blow-dried and on a separate occasion pressed my hair & started cutting it to even out all the layering. I've had mini setbacks in 2012 (heat damage from a sew-in, normal wear from still not adapting a concrete trimming schedule :spinning:), but it's still a vast improvement imo.

shrunk.jpg
1ea0f091-7e5c-4ea0-8ea6-0f92aad65795_zps6237f4a5.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the sub-par pics; I don't have many hair shots since I stopped regularly documenting my hair growth

I had a horrible setback in October 2011; combination of mechanical damage & an improper moisture/protein balance exacerbated by practically non-existent trimming led to this:

--all hair was pushed to that side in picture one & all hair was combed straight back in picture two. SMH. The third pic was the first on many deep trims.

About 1.5 years later (as depicted below) I blow-dried and on a separate occasion pressed my hair & started cutting it to even out all the layering. I've had mini setbacks in 2012 (heat damage from a sew-in, normal wear from still not adapting a concrete trimming schedule :spinning:), but it's still a vast improvement imo.

P.S. Sorry for the sub-par pics; I don't have many hair shots since I stopped regularly documenting my hair growth

Thank you for sharing. I think it's a major improvement and also you know what your setbacks are and what you need to do to improve so kudos for not giving up. Your hair is so shiny too. :-)

HPG

NOVERMBER 2004

APRIL 2013

Lot's of trial and error and hair cuts in between, but I'm set now and I'm well on my way to my goals from this point forward :)

I can't see the 2nd pic but your first pic is beautiful and full.

HPG

Here's my journey from start to now:

First picture is when I started in 2007. Second picture was my last length check a few months ago.

Attachments

• image-1224661777.jpg
    image-1224661777.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-3584207573.jpg
    image-3584207573.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 112
The first one is the beginning of my hair journey. The second is November 2012, a year and ten months into my hair journey and the third is December 2012 after a little evening up of those ends

Screenshot_2013-06-28-00-12-26.jpg

Screenshot_2013-06-28-00-12-57.jpg

Screenshot_2013-06-28-00-17-35.jpg

. I don't have any more recent because I don't plan to use heat til the end of September. Can't wait to see where I'm at then, hopefully hip or very close!

Sent from my right hand- I mean my Note 2 lol

The first one is the beginning of my hair journey. The second is November 2012, a year and ten months into my hair journey and the third is December 2012 after a little evening up of those ends

. I don't have any more recent because I don't plan to use heat til the end of September. Can't wait to see where I'm at then, hopefully hip or very close!

Sent from my right hand- I mean my Note 2 lol

Wow you have some gr8 progress and retention. Your hair looks so flowy and beautiful.

HPG

Back