Post Your Favorite Christian Artists!

Ooohhhh...I LOVE gospel music. Everytime someone comes to my apartment, they see my collection and say, "Dang...ya have enough music, don't ya!!?!?"

Anyway, here's my list:

CeCe Winans
Fred Hammond
Deitrick Haddon
Men of Standard
Virtue
Marvin Sapp
Dawkins and Dawkins (they need to come out w/ something else!)
Kim Burrell
Karen Clark Sheard
Dorinda Clark Cole
Kierra "Kiki" Sheard can blow!

and so many more!

have any of you heard of Selah? I just foud out about them and I love them!!! They aren't your traditional gospel or even CCM. They are a mix between Hosana Integrity and Darrell Evans. They have an album of old gospel songs that I am loving. They have nice rich voices and beautiful harmony.

JuJuBoo said:
OH my goodness, how'd I forget Micah Stampley!! That's the next Donnie right there. Wait and see! That song "Take My Life" leads me into worship EVERY TIME I hear it! I could be on the treadmill workin out like "Hallelujah!!" :lol:
I just got a visual of this, and I almost fell out laughing. :lachen:

Micah Stampley
Kirk Franklin
Karen Clark Sheard
Dorinda Clark Cole
J. Moss
Virtue
Richard Smallwood
Donnie McClurkin
Tye Tribbett
Debra Killings
Mary Mary (so funky)
Tonex
Martha Munizzi
Israel and New Breed
Donald Lawrence
Hezekiah Walker
Vicki Yohe
Marvin Sapp(excellent praise and worship)
New Birth Community Choir

I just purchased Anthony Evans -Even More
It is really an awesome CD, it has a soft relaxing worship feel.
My favorites are
Out of Eden
Tri-City
Tonex
Mercy Me
Nicole C. Mullen
Kutless
Jars of Clay
Kirk Franklin
Mary Mary
dc Talk
Calvin Bernard
bebe and cece winans

Wow..I was going to start a thread like this.
Well mine are:
Kurt Carr (and his singers)- fav. song is 'awesome wonder'
Byron Cage
Trinity 5:7- 'Holla'
Winans phase 2 (actually I only like 1 of their songs)
Lisa Mc Clendon- especially her version of 'you are holy'
Virtue
Fred Hammond
Kirk Franklin- starting to get a bit tired of his though
Deitrik Haddon and voices of unity 'My souls says yes'

I have actually just listed my favourite songs. I tend not to like all the artists' work.

I just noticed all the artists mentioned are American. Wow, where are all the British acts?! I don't know if there are any.

You all have named all my favs, I think!

CeCe
Vicki Yohe
Yolanda
Donnie
Ron Kenoly is great! I got to sing with him and his band once! It was an awsome experience.

missyT said:
I just noticed all the artists mentioned are American. Wow, where are all the British acts?! I don't know if there are any.

UK acts:
London Community Gospel Choir are brilliant, also Matt Redman, and Karen Reilly (my church's worship leader www.karenreilly.com)!

Joyous celebration is an excellent gospel collective from South Africa, they sing in english and several South african languages.

Ok, I had NO idea that Mary Alessi and Martha Munizzi were sisters,let alone twins. :lol: I remember when I first heard "Praise the Lord" I was going through all of my Martha music frantically trying to find, then I realized it was Mary. I just figured, ok, that is cool, two ladies that sound alike and kinda look alike. Then I was reading Mary's site and they said it. I was like DUH, I guess I can be a little slow. But it isn't entirely my fault, I never could get a close look at either of the two ladies. :look:

Picked up two cds yesterday and am now loving these artists:

Mary Alessi (Martha Munizzi's twin)
DeNetria Champ - okay yall, she is the next Aretha

Back