Post pics of your Braid Out, Twist Out, Bantu Knot Out, etc.

This was an old braidout from yesterday...still recovering from a setback earlier this year.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 179
I did this BKO on stretched natural hair, using AIA curling jelly. I usually get crazy shrinkage if done on wet hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2339090333.jpg
    image-2339090333.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 144
My twist out after a big trim.
Gorgeous. You have my dream twistout.
Do you mind sharing your hair stats: last relaxer, hair type, current length before and after the big trim. Also products and method used please. Sorry for all the questions; thanks for answering.

Gorgeous. You have my dream twistout.
Do you mind sharing your hair stats: last relaxer, hair type, current length before and after the big trim. Also products and method used please. Sorry for all the questions; thanks for answering.

Thanks! My last relaxer was sometime in 2010, but I have only been natural 2 years this October(i know you didnt ask, but just wanted to clarify). My hair type is 4a/3c high density, coarses strands. My hair is in layers so my longest layer is BSB and shortest not including my bangs is SL-APL. Before the trim I was still BSB but I had more hair around APL than I do now.

I used cold aloe vera gel on my hair and then twisted with my shea butter mix of coconut, castor, avocado, and rosemary oils. They were just regular two strand twists and chunky in size BUT my hair was stretched from a previous twist out. Hope I helped

I haven't mastered the twist-out yet, but here are my braid-out & bantu knot results on BSL relaxed hair:

Bantu.jpg

I use a 50/50 mixture of gel & conditioner to cornrow my hair while soaking wet, then sleep on it overnight with curlformers on the ends.

Bantu3.jpg

I let my hair airdry for 1-2 hours, then put it up in bantu knots & sleep on it overnight.

Bantu2.jpg

I blowdry my hair until it's 70% dry, then put it up into bantu knots without twisting the hair - more like wrapping it around itself, then sleep on it overnight.

Bantu4.jpg

I started with dirty, blowdried hair, then spritzed it with water to get it slightly (SLIGHTLY) damp. Then put it up in bantu knots, and dried under a bonnet dryer for 45 minutes. After they fully cooled, I took them out & finger combed.​

I haven't mastered the twist-out yet, but here are my braid-out & bantu knot results on BSL relaxed hair:

I use a 50/50 mixture of gel & conditioner to cornrow my hair while soaking wet, then sleep on it overnight with curlformers on the ends.

I let my hair airdry for 1-2 hours, then put it up in bantu knots & sleep on it overnight.

I blowdry my hair until it's 70% dry, then put it up into bantu knots without twisting the hair - more like wrapping it around itself, then sleep on it overnight.

I started with dirty, blowdried hair, then spritzed it with water to get it slightly (SLIGHTLY) damp. Then put it up in bantu knots, and dried under a bonnet dryer for 45 minutes. After they fully cooled, I took them out & finger combed.

I swear I love your hair. If I wanted to relax I would want my hair to look just like a lot of y'all heads around here! It's so healthy and beautiful. There are a lot of beautiful, healthy relaxed heads on this board that I wish would show their hair off more. Just gorgeous.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

I swear I love your hair. If I wanted to relax I would want my hair to look just like a lot of y'all heads around here! It's so healthy and beautiful. There are a lot of beautiful, healthy relaxed heads on this board that I wish would show their hair off more. Just gorgeous.

HPG

Thank you! I love seeing other people's photos :lick: - just adding my own to the pot :yep:

Thanks! My last relaxer was sometime in 2010, but I have only been natural 2 years this October(i know you didnt ask, but just wanted to clarify). My hair type is 4a/3c high density, coarses strands. My hair is in layers so my longest layer is BSB and shortest not including my bangs is SL-APL. Before the trim I was still BSB but I had more hair around APL than I do now.

I used cold aloe vera gel on my hair and then twisted with my shea butter mix of coconut, castor, avocado, and rosemary oils. They were just regular two strand twists and chunky in size BUT my hair was stretched from a previous twist out. Hope I helped

Yes it helped a lot. It will be a while until my hair can do this, if it ever does. Thanks for your response.

Braid out. I usually never wear them out, but this time I gave it a go!

Attachments

• image-1781208198.jpg
    image-1781208198.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image-214594061.jpg
    image-214594061.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 155
  • image-2449010949.jpg
    image-2449010949.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 173

Bantu.jpg

Bantu3.jpg

Bantu2.jpg

Bantu4.jpg

I started with dirty, blowdried hair, then spritzed it with water to get it slightly (SLIGHTLY) damp. Then put it up in bantu knots, and dried under a bonnet dryer for 45 minutes. After they fully cooled, I took them out & finger combed.​
Pure awesomeness. Ridiculous.

Twist Out

I think this was a few months after I cut off the rest of my relaxed ends; 4/2012.

This is so pretty...I'm trying to figure out which one of my daughter's hair resembles yours?

I tried to compare but it's so hard. I think my oldest in the top next to yours. What products did you use?

ForumRunner_20131029_170612.jpg

ETA- hope you don't mind me comparing! If so I will take it down.

HPG

Back