Post braids treatment???

kristina

I'm getting ready to take out my braids- what do think hair needs most- deep moisture, protein conditioner, extreme protein (emergencee), cellphane. Should I combine protein and moisture.

Oooh I'm not sure about that. But I put conditioner on my braids and let it sit for five minutes before I began to take them down. Then I let my hair sit for a day... did nothing but pull it back in a ponytail. And they day after that I washed my hair, did a hard core protein treatment and a deep conditioned with a moisturizing conditioner and added oil and honey to the conditoner. And then after that final rinse you proceed to do whatever it is you do to your hair while it is out of braids. HTH

I just took my braids down. Afterward I used a light protein (it's by Motions, but I can't remember the name right now) followed by a moisturizing conditioner (ORS Olive Oil Replinishing Pak). I wanted to use a hard protein,but I was afraid I'd get breakage.

A clarifying treatment: ACV rinse or shampoo
Reconstuctor: affirm susteance
Deep conditioner: Lekair cholesterol cream

You can also refer to my fokti site in the crown and glory section, which demonstrates how i treat my hair.

Oooh Den's right. I forgot about a clarifying shampoo, I used baking soda and water.... it didn't work so I did invest in an actual clarifying shampoo.

I took my braids out two weeks ago. ACV first then I did a lite protein(Keraphix) followed by a moisturizing conditioner(PM moisturizing and NTM mask). I then washed every 3-4 days with either CON or PM Moisture. I did do one hardcore protein somewhere in there.

den1 said:
A clarifying treatment: ACV rinse or shampoo
Reconstuctor: affirm susteance
Deep conditioner: Lekair cholesterol cream

You can also refer to my fokti site in the crown and glory section, which demonstrates how i treat my hair.

thanks for posting den1!

Back