positive progressive activities for couples (help!)

Innocent_Kiss

My SO and I have been together for a year "and some change," as he'd say lol We're at the point where we're ready to move forward and am trying to identify ways to do that. Our primary goal is to become, first, financially sufficient, but ultimately, financially free. I've been blessed at the age of 21 to have a pretty clear picture of what I'd like to do in life - as far as career and business. I'm a Referring Travel Agent in a network marketing company called YourTravelBiz and am working to launch a small business in vending. Great start. Him, however, he's not so clear. This is not a put down, but an observation. We are on two very different levels when it comes to goal-setting and pursuit. I'm more ambitious and he's less confident. I initially, obliviously, tried to mold him into another ME. I've accepted that we're two different people, and instead, has tried to encourage him in his own skin.

So, we agreed, that we should indulge ourselves in more positive progressive activities that'll help us achieve our financial goal, or even things not financially related that's geared toward self-betterment. BUT WE'RE STUCK! My question to you ladies are, how do we find that middle ground between us? How do WE move forward WITHOUT holding ME back or FORCING him to operate outside of his current capabilities? What positive progressive activities do you ladies do with your SO?

I was thinking about taking a class, but it's too late to register for continuing education classes for the summer within the Chicago community colleges. Do you all know any organizations that offer financial classes or seminars? Some other ideas, that might help some of you ladies out, that I thought of were:

Reading books together
Working out
Taking a class
Volunteer
Join an association (Toastmasters, YTB, etc)

..feel free to add to the list!

See if you can find mentors through your job or friends and family. For example, my boss is an attorney but he is also an entrepreneur. He owns several businesses and I want to talk to him about how he built his little empire even though he went to a no-name school and came from a regular family. I asked him if I could make he and his wife dinner and he instead invited FH and I to his house so I'm looking forward to us learning from him.

Back