Ponytail wearer and no breakage?

Trea

Hi, was just wondering how do you wear ponytails (daily) and not have any breakage?

Since I've been a member of this forum I've been wearing them (5 out of 7 days)....But I Read alot about you all saying 'you' wear protective styles...

I mean are you referring to ponytails (buns) only or what? Help a sista out b/c I am very interested in some protective styles, but I was always told that if you wear ponytails alot, your hair will start breaking off REGARDLESS of the type of holder (rubberband :confused: , scrunchie, or whatever).

What other styles is there to wear when you have a lot of moisture on your ends?

I don't like to wear my hair down alot :ohwell:

I consider wearing a ponytail as a protective style. I think those with thick stranded hair have more success as far as less breakage. Do you have fine stranded hair? Btw, protective styling isn't for everyone.

But if you wanna learn more about other protective stlyes, check out this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35024

Hope that helps!!! ;)

I think the consensus is to move the location of your ponytail regularly, don't make it too tight, and be careful about what you secure it with (after reading tips from the board, I started using Goody Hair Hosiery, soaked in olive oil, and I haven't had problems with ponytail breakage since).

I wear a ponytail when I wear protective styles. I use only the holders with no metal parts and spray oil directly on the pony tail where the elastic holder is . I almost never see hair when I take it down anymore.

I've given my braidouts a rest and have been doing ponytails all summer. I bought the draw-string pony tail made for little girls. I don't do the baggie method. I use Kera Care moisturizing lotion and I put Vitamin E on my ends. I twist my hair and make it into a ball. Secure it with a bobbypin. then put my ponytail on. I use a clip and make mine into a bun. It looks very professional.

I have made a change and actually wore my hair up a lot this summer. I would brush it all back like a low ponytail, twist, and pin it to my head. That twist was a bad idea, in the spot where the twist would be is breakage. It literally looked like a U, but it was underneath my hair at my nape, so I ended up trimming it even.

Back