Ponytail pulling?! I dont know you like that...

♦K.O♦

I feel violated. :nono:

Only my mom, little brother, and my man are able to touch on my hair. Tell me why this acquaintance of mine pulled my ponytail. She had just finished telling me something and instead of a wink or a head nod, or even a shoulder touch (which I dont really care for either), she affirmed what she was saying by YANKING my ponytail. WTF?!

Not cool. I dont think she thought that she was doing anything harmful (she just asked me if I could do her hair for her), but still.

Dont touch me or my hair, yo. :look:

lol! That is a funny story, I know how you feel though, I wouldn't appreciate anyone pulling on my pony-tail either.

I don't like it when I think they're doing it to check for tracks, but otherwise I don't mind. You should probably be more than an acquaintance before you try to touch people tho.

:boxing: That is one thing I do not play about. I guess I'm glad all my friends/family have hair (not saying the acquaintance doesn't) and hair etiquette. I went to a guy once to get my brows done and he didn't believe my ponytail was mine because of the color and length so he proceeded to feel in my hair, which bothered me. I told my SO @ the time and he lost it and told me basically that he didn't like the guy anymore and for me not to go there anymore. He actually felt disrespected and I quote: "You don't put your hand in another man's woman's hair, that s*&% is disrespectful. You shouldn't have told me that cause now I don't like him." Needless to say I never told him about any other occurances :ohwell:.

The tattoo lady always rubs my hair at hairline/temple whenever she has me trapped on the table under the lighted magnifying lamp. She always "the waves are so perfect and small and shiny." in this far way mesmerized voice.

Last edited:
:boxing: That is one thing I do not play about. I guess I'm glad all my friends/family have hair (not saying the acquaintance doesn't) and hair etiquette. I went to a guy once to get my brows done and he didn't believe my ponytail was mine because of the color and length so he proceeded to feel in my hair, which bothered me. I told my SO @ the time and he lost it and told me basically that he didn't like the guy anymore and for me not to go there anymore. He actually felt disrespected and I quote: "You don't put your hand in another man's woman's hair, that s*&% is disrespectful. You shouldn't have told me that cause now I don't like him." Needless to say I never told him about any other occurances :ohwell:.

My ex felt the same way. I mean, I wouldnt want another woman feeling on his hair, so I can relate. Sounds like your dude was ready to go in there and tell that man about himself. lol

The tattoo lady always rubs my hair at hairline/temple whenever she has me trapped on the table under lighted magnifying lamp. She aways "the waves are so perfect and small and shiny." in this far way mesmerized voice.

Watch out! Sound like she is trying to wooo you to sleep so that she can take those perfect waves off of your head and keep them for herself. :lachen:

I feel violated. :nono:

Only my mom, little brother, and my man are able to touch on my hair. Tell me why this acquaintance of mine pulled my ponytail. She had just finished telling me something and instead of a wink or a head nod, or even a shoulder touch (which I dont really care for either), she affirmed what she was saying by YANKING my ponytail. WTF?!

Not cool. I dont think she thought that she was doing anything harmful (she just asked me if I could do her hair for her), but still.

Dont touch me or my hair, yo. :look:

HELL TO THE NAW!! I also don't wear my hair in a loose ponytail much for that reason alone! If she had snapped some hair off, we would have a problem!

Watch out! Sound like she is trying to wooo you to sleep so that she can take those perfect waves off of your head and keep them for herself. :lachen:

You're right, it does sound like she's up to no good. :sekret: I'll keep an eye out. :wink2:

When I was about 7 months preggers with my son, one of my coworkers ran her fingers through my hair while I was eating. It felt like Edward ScissorHands it annoyed me so much. I was like, "STOP!" and flung her hand away. We are the best of friends, she and I, almost like family but I don't like anyone feeling in my head either and yanking my ponytail? It's already stingy like how do you look yanking my stingy ponytail?:lachen:

I don't like people touching my damn hair period!!! trying to rub their hands all through it (probably checking for tracks) :lachen::lachen:

I can't stand that. For some reason people think they should touch my hair when it down or up in a pony tail or some cute style. Most can't believe it is real and when the realize it they really don't believe I only go to my stylist for touch ups and ebrow arches. I tell them what I use and how I do my hair all because of my great sista's on this board. Tomorrow I will rock a pony tail to work but Tuesday I will be rocking freshly wash shinny hair.

My ex felt the same way. I mean, I wouldnt want another woman feeling on his hair, so I can relate. Sounds like your dude was ready to go in there and tell that man about himself. lol

I had to talk him off the ledge :lachen:he is something else. Why do some people feel it's necessary to check for tracks? Just respect a lady's (or gent's) hair game :grin: I once dated a dude in the music biz and it had been about 3 months before he realized I didn't have weave :ohwell: and that was only after a thorough ten finger scalp check.

There's something about ponytails that attracts people and they have to pull.Because of that I just wear a bun.

Back