Pony tail method

Tesha

I keep seeing people talk about this. I did a search but couldn't find instructions. Is it just what it sounds like, just putting your hair in a pony tail. Is it ok to do this to wet hair; does hair tangle; does it get caught in the rubber band. Help, please tell me how to do the pony tail method for drying. It sounds really simple and convenient.

With me, it's just putting it in a ponytail and letting it dry, although I am bad and I use rubber bands.
sekret.gif
They aren't great because those things have no problem ripping out your hair if you aren't careful. Even when I am careful, I manage to yank out a hair, or two, or three, or four.
look.gif

I did a loose bun after perming my hair the other night, and I liked that much better. I gathered the wet lengths, gently and loosely twisted them into the shape of a donut, and simply pinned it down. No need for rubber bands
clap.gif
(although it may take a little bit longer to dry).

Check out this thread . My cousins do something similar to this, but they make three ponytails instead of one. One on top and two in the back. And they put gigantic rollers on the ponytail length.

Sassygirl, thats exactly how I dry my hair. Even though I'm natural the hair comes out pretty straight and the ends aren't poffy because their set on rollers. I love this method. Karonica, I also use elastics because I can't seem to find anything that works better(including coated bands,non-metal bands,satin, etc.), so what I do is spray my elastics with oil before using and I get no breakage. Sometimes I cut the elastics out of my hair instead of pulling them out. I usually spray oil on my comb, hair brush and hair clips before using.

instead of regular rubberbands I use scunci no damage poly bands. I think I found them at rite aid or duane reade they come 48 in a pack and I have had these for years. They don't pull out hair much. Sometimes no hair comes out when I take them off.

i wash and deep condition, then i let my hair sit in a towel for about 10 or 15 minutes so all the excess water is gone. then i use l'oreal smooth intense serum all over my hair and detangle with a wide tooth comb. then i smooth all of it back into a bun. not too tight though so it's not pulling. then i let it dry like that. i really like that method.

[ QUOTE ]
instead of regular rubberbands I use scunci no damage poly bands. I think I found them at rite aid or duane reade they come 48 in a pack and I have had these for years. They don't pull out hair much. Sometimes no hair comes out when I take them off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have these too, if you're talking about the ones similiar to elastic bands. I just spray them with oil before I put them in and then spray around the band once their in my hair. I give a final light spray right before taking them out, and no breakage.

Back