POLL: When is the best time to do Porosity Control?

I apply Porosity Control...

• Pre Poo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Post Poo

• Pre Protein Tx

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Post Protein Tx

• Pre DC

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Post DC

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Pre Moisture Tx

• Post Moisture Tx

• During any step

• Total voters

claud-uk

Hi ladies, just wandering at what step you are all using porosity control in your regis? Currently I spray it on after washing and leave it in for a couple of minutes before doing my protein treatment, but that's just guesswork. TIA!

I use it as the final rinse regardless of which conditioning process I've done. I see it as 'sealing in' the moisture created using the conditioners since it closes the cuticles.

I use it as the final rinse regardless of which conditioning process I've done. I see it as 'sealing in' the moisture created using the conditioners since it closes the cuticles.

This!:grin:

And it restores the PH Balance of your hair. Always a final rinse.

However, I've been using other things that does the same thing:

Hairveda's Ph Finishing Rinse
Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioner
French Stablizer Plus
Bear Fruit Hair's Shine Rinse

@IDareT'sHair Do you think the products you mentioned could be a replacement for Roux Porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner? I have one dollop left and I can see trying something new. But I have been using the PC for yearrrrrrs. Also are you relaxed are natural, you have already tried a LOT of the products I would like to try:lachen:.

Last edited:
@leona2025

Yes, they are similar products that do the exact same thing. Correct Porosity. Close/Flatten Cuticles and restore the Ph Balance.

And an ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) Rinse mixed properly will also do this for you.

I used to use it the same way claud-uk, after shampoo, before protein. I found using it as a final step made my hair feel hard and stiff. I've since replaced Roux PC with ACV rinses, which I do after shampooing and also as a final rinse. Final ACV rinses don't make my hair feel really nice :yep:

This is why I still have a full bottle (along with the Roux mendex repair treatment) I never no when to use them. I've tried adding a little to my DC sessions but I can't say I notice a huge difference but ill keep trying until I figure out the magic combination :)

I use joico kpak cuticle sealer as my last step in the wash/conditioning process.

TY charmtreese - I JUST saw this product a few days ago and added it to my list for my next spree, hoping it can help get a smoother result for my next flat iton, glad to hear somebody who's used it and can recommend it!

I used to use it the same way claud-uk, after shampoo, before protein. I found using it as a final step made my hair feel hard and stiff. I've since replaced Roux PC with ACV rinses, which I do after shampooing and also as a final rinse. Final ACV rinses don't make my hair feel really nice :yep:

Thanks halee_J - I tried this today. I rinsed out my overnight DC, then added a small amount of regular rinse-out con back into my wet hair. Rinsed that out with just one jug of ACV, perfect results, I had shiny hair for the first time :drunk:

This is why I still have a full bottle (along with the Roux mendex repair treatment) I never no when to use them. I've tried adding a little to my DC sessions but I can't say I notice a huge difference but ill keep trying until I figure out the magic combination :)

Hi lamaria211 - Please let me know, you're always trying new things lol, we have very similar hair (thick/coarse).

Last edited:
I have to use it after I shampoo and before I do anything else. If I use it as a final rinse after conditioning I get stiff and hard hair. BUT it works great as a co-wash for me!

Back