Poll-Vitamin/Supplement Takers...

Do you periodically increase your vitamin/supplement dosage?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alwayzalady22

...do you periodically increase your dosage for what you think are "optimal results"? I take 2000 mcg of biotin daily, and my nails (at least) went through an incredible growth spurt for about two weeks, then slowed dramatically; tomorrow, I'm going up to 3000 mcg to see if I can instigate another spurt...I know it takes 3 months for the effects of vitamins to really show, but after 3 months, do you feel the need to increase your dosage, or do you feel like you can max out at a certain amount? Would love to hear stories from people who do and don't keep upping the dosage....

I take a multi-vitamin from Puritain's Pride: Hair, Skin & Nails. It took a few months before I started seeing the results (about a year ago now) but my nails are definitely stronger/harder. They grow longer. It's harder to tell with my hair. We'll see once the middle of my hair becomes my ends.

I haven't bothered upping the dosage since it's working. And I don't want any side effects from taking too much. Either short term ones (like acne which I have plenty of already) or long terms ones that might manifest themselves healthwise down the road.

i used to fiddle around with my dosages i would take anywhere from 6-8 amino acid pills a day which wouldf yield me over an inch per month, i will be doing this again shortly.

I mix up my vitamin doses every couple of weeks. For example mostly i take 750mg of MSM for about 6 weeks then I up them to 1000mg for 3 weeks then go back to 750mg. I notice clearer, smoother skin (as if I exfoliated) when I do this. I do the same with most of my other vits cause it seems to me my body gets used to a static dose so needs a kickstart.

nope i get great results from my current dosage. Rexall biotin capsules 5000 mcg and Vitamin shoppe msm powder 1000 mcg

Some vitamins need to manipluated in dosages to see results. I didn't really see benefits from biotin until I tried the loading dose method. For the first month I took 15mg. Then for two weeks I took 7mg and then I took 10mg as my maintance dose. I got that advice from a old post and my research into the loading dose method confirmed the potenial positive outcomes so I gave it a try.

just an update on my OP...i went up to 3000mcg of biotin two weeks ago...NEVER AGAIN!! :mad: it looks like all hell broke loose on my damn forehead, and my skin is usually really nice, even before all the vitamins...so i went back on down to 2000mcg today...i don't think that was long enough to see improved results over the 2000mcg, but i've henna'd my hair since then, so thickness isn't an issue anymore...but i am goin up to 3000 mg of MSM on monday...keep it comin, ladies! who else is fiddling/not fiddling with their dosages?

I just upped my dosage of flaxseed oil to three a day, instead of two. It's too soon to see any results.

alwayzalady22 said:
...do you periodically increase your dosage for what you think are "optimal results"? I take 2000 mcg of biotin daily, and my nails (at least) went through an incredible growth spurt for about two weeks, then slowed dramatically; tomorrow, I'm going up to 3000 mcg to see if I can instigate another spurt...I know it takes 3 months for the effects of vitamins to really show, but after 3 months, do you feel the need to increase your dosage, or do you feel like you can max out at a certain amount? Would love to hear stories from people who do and don't keep upping the dosage....

hEY Alwayzalady22 i dont increase per se as i already take high doses even though i do start them slow if/once i stopped taking my usual dosages. what works for me is to brutally stop them for a week or two. Usually the pp biotin gives me itchies but after a while it subsides and when i feel my vits kinda stop working because the body gets used to it, just like topical products i just stop them for 2 weeks or 1 week then the growth spurts are back. i take 1 viviscal (the black one not the lady one), 1 solo multivitamin, (i run out of my vitol so i m awaiting next shipment) 6 puritan pride biotin 1000mcg = 6000mcg, 12, 000mg (12grams) CARLSON MSM SULFUR. i mostly get my spurts by stopping anything i m used to taking i do that all the time so it keeps me in growth spurts.

I did increase my dosage of Silica when I started taking Bamboo a couple of months ago, but otherwise no.

Back