Poll: Switching ORS relaxer to another relaxer?

ORS relaxer: Current user, former user, potential: new/ former user?

• Yes, thinking of switching from ORS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I may switch, but may give it one more try.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, I have found what my hair loves

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Never tried ORS

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I have stopped using ORS.

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmyInAtl

I had been natural 1 year before relaxing w/ Optimum (regular, mo-lye, purple box), my hair loved it, used it once.

Then ORS came out and they have some fabulous products in their line, I love their shampoo amd CON.

But I have used the ORS relaxer 3 times now over, and 3 is the charm, because I realize this permis not all that:ohwell:

I took great care to never overprocess, but my ORS hair is dry and sorta frazzled:perplexed

I am switching back to Optimum (New Red box)

Anyone else switching from ORS or thinking abt it:confused:

I used Optimum all through college and never had any problems self relaxing. It is a good perm. Now I recently switched to Phyto because of the science behind it. So far I really like the results.

I'm so glad that you started this thread on ORS.

I've used ORS No-Lye for Fine, Delicate hair 3 times now.

The first time was a gem. Left my fine hair really full-looking, healthy, bouncy and with incredible sheen.

The second time, I had the straightness and the bounce, but no shine.:confused:

Most recently--the last time I relaxed in December 2006--ORS left me a bit underprocessed. My hair was dull and dry-looking.

So now, I'm ready to relax again, but I was wondering if I should try ORS Lye this time, since I've learned that No-Lye relaxers can strip the hair of oil and make the hair appear dull and lifeless.

So now it's time to relax again, and I either want to use ORS Lye or try Phyto relaxer.

Phyto is expensive. So I'm stuck right now about what to do...:look:

SP

I use ORS no-lye and I love it. But i get it done at the salon. I have tried self-relaxing a couple of times and i suck at it. The only times i ever used Phyto was when i did it myself so i think it had more to do with my technique than the relaxer.

The same thing happened with me. The hair was so dry. Mind you I have really dry hair(and skin) already. Also it had my hair too straight, if that is a bad thing. My hair although I can make it appear thick, is very thin naturally

Back