Poll Poll Poll vote vote vote!!!!!!!!!

Remy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, now I'm even more confused???? i
frown.gif

To the ladies who switched form no-lye to lye, how soon did you realize lye was better? When making the switch, how did the stylists apply it, to the new growth only, or to the legnth of your hair?

I noticed the improvement in the quality of my hair right away, from after the wash/condition, after the set, and even now a week later, I'm still noticing improvements in my hair. My stylist only applied the relaxer to my 3 mths of new growth...and she (as always should be done before using lye) applied the petroleum cream to my scalp to protect it from the the Sodium Hydroxide. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical going in...but by the time I saw the end results, I was totally sold.
smile.gif

Ok J.....I tried to vote,but I don't know what happened.I'll try again when my comp isn't tripping and as you can see I was finally able to become a member after trying for about 2 years.
swearing.gif
<font color="blue"> </font>

lye is better for me..silky shiny straight hair full of body, didnt burn my scalp because i based it..my hair is a little past shoulder length.. The time i did tried a no lye my hair didnt feel as good and felt drier and underprocessed compared to the hair that was permed with the lye.

No-lye always. Never tried lye. Selected bra-strap or longer (although I'm below shoulder length)

I am a no-lye shoulder length girl, I was thinking about switching to Lye but now I dont know. Any 4a/b's use both? if so which one works better?

I am no-lye user with shoulder length hair and slightly shorter on sides. My sides length are under my chin and since I have started taking care of my hair since August of ,06.. I anticipate to hit APL hopefully by July ;) :p

I prefer no-lye and I last relaxed with ORS and will stick with ORS from here on out:)

Last edited:
Lye, Revlon 3C BSL. Tried all of the other relaxers on the recommendation from my stylist, but I kept going back to this one. No more using me as a guinee pig for new chemical salon products. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I've always used no lye. Growing up, I was under the impression that lye relaxers were bad for you. Until coming here, I didn't know they still made lye relaxers!

Back