Poll: Growth Aid Users, When are you going to stop using them?

When are you going to stop using growth aids?

• Never

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • When I'm half way to my goal.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • When I reach a milestone I've never reached.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • When I get to my ultimate goal.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I'll probaby always use them on and off.

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters
I will likely continue to use them on and off. I've grown used to them, but don't get me wrong, I will be letting my hair swang once I reach my goal.:rocker::dance7:

I've never been a fan of growth aids, but after a horrible color related setback, I will be using nioxin for at least the next three months. I'll assess my progress and go from there. If it works, I plan to use it until I reach my mbl goal.

Couldn't vote or see choices because I'm on my phone...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'll always keep something on hand, and use off and on as needed. I use an MT mix on my hairline now because of a thin, almost bald patch. Once the patch grows in I'll stop and see how the hair does on its own, and go back to the MT mix if necessary. Other than that I don't really use them, except I use Mega-tek as a protein treatment. I just consider that a protein treatment though, not a growth aid.

I voted Never - I've been using growth aids since word 'go' and they are just a part of my nightly regimen. I think it'll feel weird to just stop using them, I'll feel like Im forgetting something! :lachen: Maybe when I get to my ultimate goal of WL, coupled with the fact that its going to take me 3 years to get there...ask me again in 3 years :grin:

Nevah!! MT is in my life for good...my hair loves it deeply, and my hair feels like Nasty McDoody without the heavy protein. Ayurveda is also here to stay, as are my vitamins: Nioxin, Biotin, Garlic & Evening Primrose Oil. They've got me feeling great, inside and out!

I lie! Now that I've made APL, I'm still using growth aids, and will likely continue until I hit waist length...and as you can see, MBL is no longer my ultimate goal!:lachen:

I just thinking today about the number of styles I'm avoiding right now because I want to have complete access to my scalp to apply my growth aid. (braids, sew-ins, twists, etc.) But I was also thinking about when I will stop using them.

My ultimate goal is MBL, however, I plan to stop using them when I reach APL since I've never been past SL and reaching APL will be a huge milestone. I expect to be to APL by next spring, and afterwards I'm content to let nature take it's course.

So what about you?

will always use on and off ... used my first year, didnt use last year ... using this year.

even when I reach my goal, I'll probably still use. I find growth aids are also inevitably scalp conditioners ... and I also want to keep my scalp healthy.

I use my Sulfur oil 1x or more weekly and I always do it the night before a wash. I take MSM (1000mg) daily. With the oil, there is no styling with that thick, heavy stuff on my hair. It will always be a part of my Regimen though along with my MSM. I do not use the Oil when I've straightened my Hair. Not sure how often I'll use it once I'm freshly relaxed. In the first couple of months probably not much.

Last edited:
I don't see myself not using growth aids. I use them off and on, and have been since 2007. Even after I reach my goal of WL, I'm still going to use them.

dancinstallion said:
I will never stop using them as long as live! I will skip a few months so it will be off and on but I will never ever stop using them as long as they keep giving me results!

Please tell your Aides! :)

I'll use 'em on and off for eva as long as I get results! :grin:

When I'm consistent, I get measurable growth/thickness using GNC Hair skin and nails. :yep:

I vote that my intention is to never stop taking oral or topical growth aids- (as long as I remember to take them and don't get lazy). I may rotate/elimimate what I use but abstinence :lachen: from GA is not in the plan. I agree with other posters that there are additional benefits, beyond hair care, to taking/using GA's.

MSM is excellent for so many things http://www.all-natural.com/msm.html
especially for joints and I can attest to that.:yawn:

I have taken my oral vitamins consistently for the past 40 days and my nails, hair, skin, energy, joints are all showing improvement.

I started using EVCO, EVOO, Coconut Oil, MTG, Mega Tek, etc on my hair, 3 years ago. My hair showed tremendous improvement - then I got lazy and started using them sporadically. I hope that IF I get lazy again, it doesn't last so long.

My ultimate goal is MBL. When I reach full MBL, i'll start easing off my growth aids. Taking only HairFinity right now, with awesome results!!

Back