POLL: Cream, Spray or Serum Protein Reconstructors!!!

Which do you prefer? Cream, Spray or Serum?

• Cream

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Spray

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Serum

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ichephren

In all my years on LHCF, I don't think I've thought twice about the method of applying protein to my hair...but now I'm curious. Maybe some work better than others. What do you use and which do you prefer? Cream, Spray liquid or Serum?

Me: I own Emergencee (serum), Aphogee 2min (cream) and Duo Tex (In a spray bottle). Now that I'm transitioning, I mainly use Aphogee b/c it's less protein than the others. However, when I was relaxed, I used Emergencee religiously and found that Duo Tex works very well right after a fresh relaxer.

In all my years on LHCF, I don't think I've thought twice about the method of applying protein to my hair...but now I'm curious. Maybe some work better than others. What do you use and which do you prefer? Cream, Spray liquid or Serum?

If you're talking about effectiveness of the protein in the product, then I don't think whether it's a cream, liquid, or a serum matters. What matters is the size of the protein molecules. Hydrolyzed proteins are the best to use if you want to make sure they're going to penetrate.

I voted for a cream. Ahpogee 2 min reconstructor. I tried a serum, Nexxus Emergencee, and experienced breakage. I stick with the creams.

I use Aphogee, but would like to know of an alternative. It makes my skin burn/itchy. Otherwise it works fine on my hair. I haven't seen any breakage or experienced dryness. Then again I just do it once a month.

bumping
would like to know what everyone is using
At 10-11 Weeks Post, I "tweaked" my Regimen to include a weekly Reconstructor here are a few of them I currently have in Rotation and in My Stash::yep:

Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
Giovanni Nutra-Fix
Millennia Mud Volcanic Ash Reconstructor
Nexxus Keraphix
Nexxus Emergencee
Sebastian Penetraitt
Bain d' Terre Reconstructor
Ion Effective Treatment
AG Fast Food

There are probably a few more.

Yep: I Forgot to also Add Tigi Dumbe Blonde

Last edited:
I :love: Joico reconstructor spray, it's a leave in recommended for fine hair.

Would anyone happen to know of a protein treatment recommended for thick hair? And how do you know if your hair likes certain protein treatments? I've been kinda scared to experiment with protein, so I just stick with Aphogee, but am open to one that might be better.

Sorry for being a bit off topic. :spinning:

Would anyone happen to know of a protein treatment recommended for thick hair? And how do you know if your hair likes certain protein treatments? I've been kinda scared to experiment with protein, so I just stick with Aphogee, but am open to one that might be better.

Sorry for being a bit off topic. :spinning:

You might like MillCreek Keratin, it has less chemical ingredients than the Aphogee and it's not a strong protein, it acts like a reconstructor to me. It does not specify use on thick hair or otherwise. Its just a good keratin protein that may not cause you to itch because of the fairly clean ingredients.

Ingredients: Deionized water, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cottonseed oil, hydrolyzed keratin, panthenol (provitamin B5), balsam peru, olive oil, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A) cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract, barley extract, hydrolyzed RNA, hydrolyzed stearate, sodium caseinate, sodium proplyparaben, diazolidinyl urea, fragrance, carmine, caramel.

^^^ Is that the old formula because my MillCreek Keratin Conditioner has hydrolyzed keratin as the 2nd ingredient...it left my hair sooooo hard.

^^^ Is that the old formula because my MillCreek Keratin Conditioner has hydrolyzed keratin as the 2nd ingredient...it left my hair sooooo hard.

That would be the effect of the protein strengthening your hair...you MUST follow with a REALLY good moisturize or your hair will be dry and you may have some breakage.

Back