PLZ HELP FAST PLZ

collegeDoll

hi im new and i have a big problem. my bff had in a sew-in for about a month or 2 and like 10 mins ago she took it out and washed it without detangling it!! she's crying and she called me cuz i kno a little about hair from lurkin on this site and BHM her mom is on her way to pick me up. i have all my hair stuff exept a clarifyer. what do i do??????? plz help me

Youch!

First thing you do is SOAK it in conditioner. I mean, empty half a bottle of conditioner on it, and gently work it in. If you ahve a conditioner that you know is esp. 'slippery' - use that. Let it sit for a while - at least an hour, under a shower cap.
Find the WIDEST tooth comb you can.

After the hour is over, section her hair into eight sections - four front, four back. Start fingercombing her hair in sections- don't rinse the conditioner out, at all!! Finger comb though it, and gently untangle the knots as you find them - start from the bottom of the section, and go through the whole thing. Then, get the wide toothed comb, and do the same thing. Then, if you have one, get a medium tooth comb, and to the same thing.
If you need to, add more conditioner.
Do this to each section - it'll take a while, but it should detangle her hair.

Good luck!

Sometimes I use baking soda(a teaspoon) and water(an old Vo5 bottle) as a clarifyer. I would soak her in conditioner then gently comb thru piece by piece.

Oh, yeah - detangle before you do anything else! All that should tocuh her hair is conditioner until the mats are gone - you need the hair to be as smooth and slippery as possible. :yep:

Youch!

First thing you do is SOAK it in conditioner. I mean, empty half a bottle of conditioner on it, and gently work it in. If you ahve a conditioner that you know is esp. 'slippery' - use that. Let it sit for a while - at least an hour, under a shower cap.
Find the WIDEST tooth comb you can.

After the hour is over, section her hair into eight sections - four front, four back. Start fingercombing her hair in sections- don't rinse the conditioner out, at all!! Finger comb though it, and gently untangle the knots as you find them - start from the bottom of the section, and go through the whole thing. Then, get the wide toothed comb, and do the same thing. Then, if you have one, get a medium tooth comb, and to the same thing.
If you need to, add more conditioner.
Do this to each section - it'll take a while, but it should detangle her hair.

Good luck!

I agree. The best thing would be too deep condition and to GENTLY detangle. It's going to take A LOT of time and A LOT of patience. Don't get frustrated and start working too fast or your friend is going to lose some hair. Just be gentle. Her hair should be all right.

I had that once and melted shea butter really helped me more than anything else. Maximum slippery. It worked like a charm and saved me from a disaster, specially because I am tender headed. HTH

Good Luck

I'm probably very late but I agree w/ JustKiya. The other thing I want to mention is make sure her hair is wet, if it seems to be drying with conditioner in it, it may get sticky so keep it wet to keep it slippery so the strands slide over each other w/ ease.

sorry im super late but i forgot about this thread and she couldnt get on the net at her houseso i couldnt reply but i read yall post via her phone

anyway it turned out good with NO use of scissors lol she was so scared that she would have to shave her hair. anyway i did what yall told me. i soaked in a whole bottle full of condish. plus a lil more. i used Suave Humectant and Tropical Coconut. i took little sections and detangled slowly. OMG it took like 6 hours no lie her head it BIG and LONG :lachen:. here are pics. they're kind of deceiving cuz shes like 3b or 3c usually:

HPIM1068.jpg

HPIM1071.jpg

HPIM1070.jpg

HPIM1074.jpg

HPIM1077.jpg

HPIM1078.jpg

THANKS TO ALL THE HELPFUL LADIES HERE!! :woot:

after that she rinsed her hair and shampoo'ed with CON green label and condish. with Mane N Tail then ORS. i wish i had an after pic i'll try to get one

sorry im super late but i forgot about this thread and she couldnt get on the net at her houseso i couldnt reply but i read yall post via her phone

anyway it turned out good with NO use of scissors lol she was so scared that she would have to shave her hair. anyway i did what yall told me. i soaked in a whole bottle full of condish. plus a lil more. i used Suave Humectant and Tropical Coconut. i took little sections and detangled slowly. OMG it took like 6 hours no lie her head it BIG and LONG :lachen:. here are pics. they're kind of deceiving cuz shes like 3b or 3c usually:

THANKS TO ALL THE HELPFUL LADIES HERE!! :woot:

after that she rinsed her hair and shampoo'ed with CON green label and condish. with Mane N Tail then ORS. i wish i had an after pic i'll try to get one

:woot: :clap: Yay!!! So glad to hear it!!!

Back