please tell me what you know about hair detox

bellezanegra826

In November I got my hair dyed with what my lying ex-stylist called semi-permanent black dye. Well its April and my hair is still black, with zero fading. I have been wanting this color out of my hair for a minute now. I was going to use uncolor in my hair but Dontspeakdefeat said that it didn't work well for her and that she mixes her own stuff up to remove color. I figured since dsd is a professional, she probably knows a thing or two more about coloring than I do, so I didn't try to remove the color myself. I found a great stylist off of craigslist who also happens to be an educator for design essentials. My current stylist and I have deduced that my hair was dyed with permanent dye based on the fact that it hasn't faded and my hair is breaking off only where it was dyed with this so-called non permananent dye. She echoed DSD's sentiments about the color removing systems and said that sometimes they can turn your hair into mush. She suggested that we do a detox treatment on my hair that would remove the color over time. Has anyone ever heard of detox for your hair? Does it work well? What is it like? I will ask my stylist all of these questions before she does it to my hair, but I want to know your opinions first.

black is really hard to fade. i have gotten a semi permanent and it lasted for a year. it just got dull. my ends were still black. and a semi perm color can still cause dryness if you don't properly condition and moisturize you hair. your hair might also have been highly porous at the time of the color application.

Last edited:
a hair detox is something that is something similar to clarifying the hair. it removes chemicals like chlorine, calcium deposits, or prescription drugs that you took internally that passed through the blood stream, reaching hair follicles. not something the will remove color.

I believe you can detoxify your hair using bentonite or rhassoul (red) clay. It detoxifies your skin when you use it as a mask by pulling out impurities and imparting mineral benefits, so I assume it would do the same for your hair and scalp.

Back