PLEASE SHARE YOUR "MIXOLOGIST" EXPERIENCES...

MonaLisa

I, for the most part...can not just use a product dolo, especially conditioner.

I will use my NTM DDC conditioner dolo when I have a tangling issue...it gets the job done...:D but I always like to mix it up...there seems to be an extra oomph factor when I mix stuff instead of by itself.

I liked both CON and Keracare Hydrating poo...so I diluted and mixed it.:)

Today I just mixed up a 16 oz container of Motions Moisture Plus /NTM DDC/Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Conditioners along with Honey, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil and Sesame Oil to deep condition with after my mild protein treatment.

What have you mixed recently, plan on trying or do you have a preferred mixture combo that you use regularly?

It could be poo, conditioner, or oils.

*puts down some butter cookies, punch and some plastic cups*

Honey and different oils are my mainstays. I warm up the honey and oil (black currant oil, grapeseed oil, hemp seed oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, ect...) they're all good. Sometimes I mix in a little powered goat's milk in and then add conditoner, eith Humectress or Keraphix, sometimes a combination of both.

I've also added mashed very ripe avocado to my conditioners. Very nice stuff!

I only make enough for one use at a time because I'm afraid it might go bad.

I like to mix cheap condish,oil,and water. Humectos with Suave. I like to cook and I like a good recipe so that s y I think I enjoy doing stuff like this. I also want to try that Curly pudding concotion. I also mix oils in all mostly all my conditioners.

I mix Africa's Best Herbal oil w/Suave for my pre-poo treatments.

For my regular deep conditioning I mix 2 tbsps of Elasta QP DPR w/ a honey and olive oil. I love this mixture!

I love mixing and experimenting. I found it keeps my PJism down to a manageable level. My favorite overnight, deep conditioner is any conditioner mixed with honey (or molasses or glycerin), a few drops of rosemary EO, 1/4 teaspoon castor oil, aloe, and maybe some MSM, if I feel like it.

As long as I use honey or molasses with the final conditioner/detangle, I can co-wash with anything.

I mixed my Surge with some glycerin, castor oil, and rosemary EO for a moisturizer for the summer.

I put a little of Oyin's Honey Hemp conditioner in my Greg Juice to make it more moisturizing, as the Mixtress herself recommended.

I just discovered sodium lactate, so more mixes are in the future.

I used to mix LeKair Cholesterol plus an ORS Replenishing Pak, honey and Africa's Best oils. I just bought another jar of LeKair today, because I want to go back to this conditioning treatment.

Henna is perfect for mixing things with. Last night, I whipped up the following pre poo concoction:
cassia powder + brewed coffee
molasses
coconut oil
Aceite 3 oil
Rosemary oil

After rinsing and shampooing, I conditioned with a nice sized dollop of Aphogee 2 min. Reconstructor and Proclaim Aloe & Shea Butter conditioner, IT WAS AMAZING!! :yay: I'll have to remember to keep this in my reggie. I hate when I whip up recipies and then stop doing them when I get distracted with new products (see above LeKair recipie.) :(

OT: You dark haired ladies who use honey in your hair, do you find that it lightens it at all? I used to use it and I found my hair got really red so I stopped using it. Molasses does make a great alternative though. :cool:

A fellow "mixologist" checking in :look: I am soooo glad I'm not the only one who does this....some of my relatives think I'm nuts :perplexed

My weekly protein treatment mixture consists of: mayonaisse and any one of my moisterizing conditioners occasionally mixing in a little peppermint or rosemary EO.

My daily leave in mixture is a combination of: aloe gel, 1 capful of powdered MSM, honey, rosemary and peppermint EO, castor oil, vegetable glycerin, carefree curl daily moisterizing cream, queen helene cholesterol, bb growth lotion, jojoba oil and last but not least my beloved honey and almond conditioner :love: I only use enough product to fill a 4oz cup...I apply that mixture as a leave-in after I co-wash with any moisterizing condish that I have in the house.

It might sound like a lot but my hair is thriving from that concoction and I do this e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y. :yep:

One reason I do it is because I'm getting a kick out of mixing stuff and the other reason is to get rid of some of these products without feeling like I wasted my money if I don't like them individually. My mixture(s) is turning out to be the bomb diggity for my hair! :p

Yet another mixologist checking in..I've always loved mixing stuff but the main reason I started is that I plan on using as many natural products as I can by 2007..so far this is what I've made and will now be a mainstay:
Sherylin's Hair Butter (All Natural):
African Shea Butter (pure unrefined)
Mango Butter (pure unrefined)
Cocoa butter
Jamaican black castor oil
Sweet almond oil
Jojoba oil
Avocado oil
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Lecithin
Honey (just a little)
Glycerine (just a little)
Vitamin E
And essential oils for fragrance
I mixed in a blender..can be used on hair & skin..a little goes a long way

Sherylin's Moisturizer:
Water
Glycerine
Honey

So I use my moisturizer 1st & then seal with my hair butter...I've also used my moisturizer as a setting lotion, it made the softest, bounciest curls I've ever had.

***Comes in and sits down on the comfy couch...I'm here for the cookies and to mooch some ideas!*** :grin:

VWVixxen said:
***Comes in and sits down on the comfy couch...I'm here for the cookies and to mooch some ideas!*** :grin:

:lol: Spiiit!! I knew the queen of mixers would find her way evenutally....

*let me put some healthy smoothies and some sugar free rice cakes out as well now that you're here...:D ..we must watch the wedding dress figure:look: *

let me tell ya'll what I did LAST NIGHT after my touch up!
And my hair got the treatment it would NEVER get at a Dom salon...

I did the Roux Porousity control after the relaxer application...
followed by the mix of the Phytospecific Intense Nutrition Mask & the Milky Reconstructor

with THIS as a hair chaser..
2 eggs
2 mushed old bananas
dollop of mayo
splash of Black Castor Oil

*Hair felt stronger!

rinsed out, followed that up with a moisturizing treatment of
Motions Moisture Plus/NTM DDC/Lustrasilk Aloe & Cholesterol

Rubbed some Ojon Restorative Treatment and Phytospecific Oil Treatment into my ends.

Clipped up, slapped on cap.

It was HELL getting the banana out, not sure if I got it all :ohwell: :ohwell:
but DAYUM my hair was shiny and soft! :D

Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil Cholesterol Cream
few drops of Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil Liquid
1 oz Queen Helene Jojoba Hot Oil Treatment
mix it in a bowl and apply to towel dried/damp hair after shampooing
Used my hairsteamer with a hot towel for 25-35 min
Softness,moisture,and slip plus all 3 products together are less than $10
:D:D:D:D:D:D
______________________________________________________________________________-
I wanted to add that Chicoro's prepoo mix is the truth!!!It makes your hair feel like butta.

Last edited:
I mixed castor oil, honey, aloe vera gel, Suave Humectant and Suave Milk and Honey in my usual 4oz cup, slathered the mixture on every strand of my hair, put on a plastic conditioning cap, then sat under the dryer on the medium setting for an hour. I ended up keeping the cap on for a few more hours because I got busy doing things around the house plus my daughter wanted breakfast.....When I was ready to rinse it out I played with the water to get it as cool as I could stand without the brain freeze effect....the result was very very moisterized hair and very very soft to the touch without feeling brittle. :love:

Do you think if I do this every 2 days or so that it will be too much???

Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
  • 1 tbsp of sweet almond oil
    Equal parts of:
  • Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioner
  • Aloe vera gel
  • Honey
Mix it all up, apply, and cover hair with a plastic cap. Leave on overnight or 30 minutes with heat.

Today I halved the cholesterol and doubled the other ingredients. My hair feels especially silky and smells of honey.

Pre-Poo Protein
  • One over ripe avocado
  • 2 tbsp mayonnaise
  • Olive oil until the desired consistency
Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth like a commercial conditioner. Apply and cover hair with plastic cap. Leave on overnight or 30 minutes with heat.

Last edited:
Elasta QP DPR-11, Porosity Control, and EVOO

Any cheapie conditioner, honey, and oil

Moisture spray: Rusk Smoother and distilled water

I am going to self relax today and afterwards I plan on deep conditioning with the following mix:

Motions Moisture Plus
LeKair Cholesterol
plus some ORS RP scooped out of a jar that I emptied several packets into.

EMJazzy said:
A fellow "mixologist" checking in :look: I am soooo glad I'm not the only one who does this....some of my relatives think I'm nuts :perplexed

That is so funny, because i can so relate. My dad is tired of me using up the things in the kitchen to put in my hair. hahaha, no one sees my hair down so everyone still thinks i have a bob....I will show them if, no wait, when i hit bsl by the summer time. :D

Anyhoo, i use half a bottle of surge mixed with amla oil, coconut and almond oil. I shake it well and use it on my newgrowths before putting on my scarf and either going out or going to bed.

I used to mix all my deep cons but now that I have my staples I just add honey and oo to them. I make my own glycerine mix with bottled water glycerine and EQP DPR 11. I sometimes mix my castor and coconut oils and I mix the rusk smoother and dove serum. I will be using cassia and I just know that is going to be a blast.

I mix my Coconut oil and JBCO and have in an empty oil container. However I still use them seperately as well.

I love to mix a whole bunch of conditioners together. I started by using an almost empty jar of Silicon Mix and added a little more from a new jar, some Avocado Con, Suave Milk and Honey, HE Hello Hydration, VO5 moisture milks, evoo, and honey. Sometimes, JBCO and Coconut oils too.

Like Camellia, I only make enough for one or two uses b/c I'm scared it might go bad. Hmmm...although I could put it in the fridge. I just thought of that. My Dominican Hairdresser does this. She has a big mixture of everything and puts in the fridge. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. i just had a eureka moment! :lol:

I've mixed Elasta QP glaze with a therma smooth hair cream (mainly because the glaze is awkward to use.) The hair cream smooths it out a great deal and makes the glaze easier to use. Once I wrap my hair with a scarf, my hair is really soft, but stays in place.

Like all of you, I mix conditioners and oils all of the time. I can't remember any specific "recipes" though...just whatever I think my hair needs at wash time.

But here's a different one:

Dollop of Fantasia IC Gel (clear jar)
Few drops of Wild Growth Hair Oil

-Apply to edges and hairline while damp (I do this on freshly washed hair after applying my leave-ins)
-Brush with soft boar-bristle brush or gently comb with seamless comb
-Pull hair back into ponytail/bun and tie on satin scarf
-Let dry

This gives me super-smooth edges with a soft hold. No "crunchy" gel feeling or buildup!

When my edges get really wild when I'm stretching my relaxer and I do the following:

Mist edges with distilled water.
Apply Elasta QP Glaze, brush in with toothbrush.
Seal with BTZ Stiff Head, brush in and put on headband or scarf until hair sets.

Voila, smooth edges!

I accidently mixed VO5 Kiwi and Lime poo with my White Rain (I thought it was an empty bottle with White Rain residue -:ohwell: )

It was like 1/3 V05 poo, 1/3 White Rain and 1/3 Water.

Shake bottle

:lol:

Voila - my moisturizing clarifying poo.

Hey Mona :wave:
I love to mix my pre-poo treatments. Some of my favorites are
nacidit coconut hair mask + coconut milk + suave coconut conditioner + coconut oil ( I call this my coconut cocktail. I always get shiny and soft hair after using this mix.)

lustrasilk aloe vera conditioner + suave aloe conditioner + organic aloe vera gel (Nice hydrating and moisturizing treatment)

NTM soothing conditioner (the green one) + lustrasilk tee tree conditioner. (I mix this when I have dry and itchy scalp issues. It tingles and instantly soothes my scalp on contact)

mochamadness said:
Hey Mona :wave:
I love to mix my pre-poo treatments. Some of my favorites are
nacidit coconut hair mask + coconut milk + suave coconut conditioner + coconut oil ( I call this my coconut cocktail. I always get shiny and soft hair after using this mix.)

lustrasilk aloe vera conditioner + suave aloe conditioner + organic aloe vera gel (Nice hydrating and moisturizing treatment)

NTM soothing conditioner (the green one) + lustrasilk tee tree conditioner. (I mix this when I have dry and itchy scalp issues. It tingles and instantly soothes my scalp on contact)

This sounds so yummy!

Back