PLEASE SHARE YOUR "MIXOLOGIST" EXPERIENCES...

mochamadness said:
Hey Mona :wave:
I love to mix my pre-poo treatments. Some of my favorites are
nacidit coconut hair mask + coconut milk + suave coconut conditioner + coconut oil ( I call this my coconut cocktail. I always get shiny and soft hair after using this mix.)
Yum, coconut! I like the sound of this recipe - I'm going to try it for my every-other-day-CO-washes in the summer.

BTW, your siggy pic looks like you've reached waist length.

mochamadness said:
Hey Mona :wave:
I love to mix my pre-poo treatments. Some of my favorites are
nacidit coconut hair mask + coconut milk + suave coconut conditioner + coconut oil ( I call this my coconut cocktail. I always get shiny and soft hair after using this mix.)

lustrasilk aloe vera conditioner + suave aloe conditioner + organic aloe vera gel (Nice hydrating and moisturizing treatment)

NTM soothing conditioner (the green one) + lustrasilk tee tree conditioner. (I mix this when I have dry and itchy scalp issues. It tingles and instantly soothes my scalp on contact)

Hey Mochalicious!:wave: (I just finished drooling and cussin over your hair in the Hits and Misses thread! :lol: )

And yes, the coconut combo sounds mad yummy!

Ok I finally got around to reading this thread and all the posts. I thought it was just me that mixed so much stuff...lol.
-I have a moisturizer and sealing mix (recipe on about me page of fotki). I guess I need to add my body oil one too, huh? I love this...forever shout out to Mija for this idea!
--Then, on my last texlax I used conditioner in the relaxer...loved it! I had the least amount of hair in my comb when I detangled after..it was amazing. My hbair was soft yet strong. I used Queen Helene Cholesterol (the last of it thanks Augusten) and Beautiful Beginnings kiddie perm for a total of 18 minutes...
---For one wash I mixed Bana de Crema (sp with Lekair..HATED IT. My hair was a rough mess.
----last wash, I used Avalon Lavender and a lil LeKair...LOVED IT! I used the Avalon on my babys' hair as well and it was very easy to detangle. I see why you organic ladies love it so much. I may have to try the Giovanni's next (with something mixed in of course).

--------->Not only am I a PJ but I can't leave a product as is<-----------

I just purchased some Tea Tree Gel...haven't quite figured out what I'm going to mix it with. :scratchch I'm going to do a little experimenting then I'll post back here. ;) What I can tell you is that used alone it's quite tingly and cool on my scalp...a word of caution tho' when I used it I noticed a layer of dead skin came off a day later :eek: I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing but I can tell ya I didn't lose any hair because of it but a sista is still a little nervous none-the-less. :look:

I've started mixing the silk aminio acid that I got from Lotioncrafter in just about everything that I put on my hair. I did an aphogee reconstructor last weekend (the one that turns your hair hard) and I mixed a capfull in the bottle before I put it on my hair - WOW! After rinsing, my hair felt amazing..BEFORE putting the moisturizing conditioner on. SAA will be a staple in everything I do. I also started making my own conditioners using coconut milk, coconut oil, pepermint essential oils, vitamine E, SAA, amla oil and a pinch of henna. My hair has thickened up almost over night. I also mix coconut oil in just about everything as well.

bajanplums1 said:
I add essential fatty acids oil concentrate to everything. I love it.

I saw that at the bss but didn't pick it up. It says you can mix it in your relaxers. Have you tried that?

deontaer said:
I've started mixing the silk aminio acid that I got from Lotioncrafter in just about everything that I put on my hair. I did an aphogee reconstructor last weekend (the one that turns your hair hard) and I mixed a capfull in the bottle before I put it on my hair - WOW! After rinsing, my hair felt amazing..BEFORE putting the moisturizing conditioner on. SAA will be a staple in everything I do. I also started making my own conditioners using coconut milk, coconut oil, pepermint essential oils, vitamine E, SAA, amla oil and a pinch of henna. My hair has thickened up almost over night. I also mix coconut oil in just about everything as well.

This is what I plan on doing! I got my bottle yesterday evening, and put a little bit in my Sidr Tree Butter balm. My hair felt really smooth. I plan to use a little in my deep conditioners and daily moisturizer. And I'm relaxing soon, so of course I'll be sure to put some on my hair beforehand.

Had a good CO washing experience this morning (Thanks to KiniKakes):

1/3 cup (or so) Suave Milk & Honey (new formula cause I cant find the old one)
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp EVO
1 tbsp Castor Oil

Heated up for 30 seconds in the microwave and applied to hair...

:love:

Ordering some silk amino acid and Sodium PCA today! Thanks for the LotionCrafter.com reminder! :kiss:

I am mixing up stuff all the times. Let's see:

Hair mask/pre-poo: coconut milk, irish moss, yogurt and rhassoul clay. After rinsing, my hair was so nice I really did not have to do the shampoo and conditioning thing, but I did.

After shampoo conditioning mix: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (or any moisturizing conditioner) mixed with coconut milk, rose petal powder, honey, a tiny bit of castor oil and a dollop of aloe vera gel -- moisture, no tangles, softness, shine.

Strengthening conditioning mix: Lustrasilk herbal cholesterol, one egg, powdered sea kelp, barley grass, oatstraw and horsetail, a dollop of Duo Tex to thin out mixture and add collagen.

Last night I found I had several bottles of conditioner with varying amounts of product left in them. So I took out an empty Lustrasilk tub and filled it halfway with the following:

Aubrey Organics conditioners:
GPB
Island Naturals
White Camellia
+ Proclaim Aloe & Shea Butter condish.

Whipped it all together with a spoon into a luscious thick pudding. I'm letting it marinate until I'm ready to wash in a few days. :grin:

VWVixxen said:
Had a good CO washing experience this morning (Thanks to KiniKakes):

1/3 cup (or so) Suave Milk & Honey (new formula cause I cant find the old one)
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp EVO
1 tbsp Castor Oil

Heated up for 30 seconds in the microwave and applied to hair...

:love:

Ordering some silk amino acid and Sodium PCA today! Thanks for the LotionCrafter.com reminder! :kiss:

I'm gonna try that combo tonight! Where did you order your silk amino acid from?

EMJAZZY,

Just came to tell you that I ordered from Lotion Crafter on Wednesday (the Silk Aminos and Sodium PCA), the order arrived this afternoon! :up:

The packaging was excellent and the shipping soooober fast!

Do you guys know where I might be able to get some cosmetic grade keratin or collagen protein? I cannot seem to find it anywhere if I don't want to buy wholesale. Style One's Pure Protein is the only one I can find, but it cost too much for that little bottle.

Shea butter
cooking oil
Emergencia Conditioner
Capilo Avocado Conditioner
Peppermint Oil

This is the last deep conditioner that I used. My hair came out lovely!

I haven't done a mix in a while!

Next wash day (Tuesday) I will incorporate Honey & Olive Oil into my Phytojojoba masque.

I need some SAA!:lick:

I haven't done a mix in a while!

Next wash day (Tuesday) I will incorporate Honey & Olive Oil into my Phytojojoba masque.

I need some SAA!:lick:

My hair loves SAA too! I mix SAA and wheat protein with Pantene Beautiful Lengths and VS So Sexy. I only use a small amount of the So Sexy because the fragrance made me ill when I used it straight. I can tolerate it mixed in small amounts. I plan on ordering behentrimonium methosulfate and panthenol as well to add to my conditioners. I love the idea of mixing to achieve the perfect product for me!

My hair loves SAA too! I mix SAA and wheat protein with Pantene Beautiful Lengths and VS So Sexy. I only use a small amount of the So Sexy because the fragrance made me ill when I used it straight. I can tolerate it mixed in small amounts. I plan on ordering behentrimonium methosulfate and panthenol as well to add to my conditioners. I love the idea of mixing to achieve the perfect product for me!

What is behentrimonium methosulfate, what does it do for hair?

What is behentrimonium methosulfate, what does it do for hair?

It's a detangling ingredient. I can only detangle with products that contain behentrimonium methosulfate. I want to add some to my gazillion VO5 conditioners to see if it will enhance their effect.

"Behentrimonium methosulfate is the mildest hair-detangling ingredient available. It is made from non-genetically modified rapeseed oil. This scientifically sophisticated ingredient is renowned for its superior detangling ability, without causing build-up on the hair. Unlike other hair detanglers, which are known for their irritancy, behentrimonium methosulfate is extremely mild, being recommended for use in baby products which are left on the skin. It is superior in effectiveness and mildness to its commonly used cheaper cousin, behentrimonium chloride. It is not a sulfate.

http://www.purist.com.au/ingredients.php

I make almost all of my own products. I make my own hair wash, conditioner, sprits you name it, I make it all from food.

Back