Please, Quick PIBBS question/temp

Honey01

Please, Quick PIBBS question/temp/updated with my review

ETA:I just wanted to give a review of my first time use this past Friday.

I am in love with my Pibbs. The temp felt just fine once I sat under the dryer. I had it in the 50ish range. I could not believe my hair was dry in about 45 minutes or so. Usually, I am under my old dryer for well over an hour (or until I just can't take it anymore). Even after I came from under the old dryer, I sill had to finish airdrying. My bottom was almost never fully dry.

I love the vent system for the Pibbs. That is key. The air actually circulates and flows upward in order to reach the rollers around the ear and neck.

Love it. Oh yeah, I have fine hair. If I had to describe my length (I am going based on most the examples I see here), I would say not quite armpit, at least not all around.

Hi Ladies,

I just looked through a few of the old Pibbs thread (including the recent one regarding the PIBBS deal) but did not see my answer.

My hubby set up my new 514 while I was out today. I let it run for a few minutes at 70 degrees. It never really got hot hot to me. At least not hot like my now busted Gold and Hot did. I do of course notice the difference as far as fan circulation.

I don't necessarily want to burn my hair, but I do want to be assured my dryer is fully funtionable.

Does it take awhile for it to reach the desired temp?

Thanks a bunch.

Oh yeah,
Does your "instruction manual" look like it was created on a home computer?

Last edited:
I pre-heated mine about 3-4 minutes while I was brushing my teeth. It was ready by the time I was finished.

That instruction manual is a trip - isn't it? lol!

At 70 degrees it should be blazing! Are you sure it's on the temperature and not the timer? That's happened to me before.:look:

Lucky you, i'm jealous. I never received any papers whatsoever when i purchased my pibbs a while back. But it shouldn't take a while for it warm up. Mines only takes a minute or two.

Last edited:
At 70 degrees it should be blazing! Are you sure it's on the temperature and not the timer? That's happened to me before.:look:

Yes, I am pretty sure. Facing head on, the dial on the right for temps and the dial on the left, the timer right? Actually, my hubby was explaining the feautures to me lol.

I did not really sit under it. I mostly just put my hand under it a couple of times.

I will probably wash my hair tomorrow to test it out.

Yes, I am pretty sure. Facing head on, the dial on the right for temps and the dial on the left, the timer right? Actually, my hubby was explaining the feautures to me lol.

I did not really sit under it. I mostly just put my hand under it a couple of times.

I will probably wash my hair tomorrow to test it out.
I hope everthing works out. Good luck!

Please let us know how it turns out. I'm in the process of ordering one, and I've heard nothing but great reviews. :-)

Will do.

I turned it on again at around 50. It took a good 6 minutes for the light to go out to indicate the desired temp was reached.

However, I put my head under there for a minute and it does seem warmer. Maybe, a combination of my hand test and not letting it run long enough was not sufficient?

I am psyched though. Tomorrow is Lincoln's BD and I have the day off to do my hair thing!

Let's see if this works...I am bumping to include my edited comments and title which includes my review of my Pibbs

Back