Please help my friend

Hair Iam

Please help my friend ..she has type 1 hair that is also fine . She's asking for a recommendation for the best shampoo for her type hair ... Any ideas ?
I thought perhaps something from the Aveda line ....but I'm not a shampoo connoisseur ..seeing as I only use it 1-2 times per month
:grin:

What is she looking for in a shampoo? I know damage remedy shampoo is quite nice for fine hair. Redken also has nice shampoos but I think you get better results when you use the shampoo and conditioner from the same line- unless you are clarifying

lol... I hope people aren't holding back just because they see type 1! At this point in time I think that we all could hook ANYONE up... we are so knowledgeable! Especially collectively :yep:

I would recommend nexxus threrappe - great for weekly shampooing, will get your hair pretty clean, but not overly dried out... has a little muscle in the cleaning power. I know straight hair tends to get oily.

If she wants a shampoo to use more often without drying the hair out, I'd go with Kenra Moisturizing, Lanza Protein or Neutrogena Triple Moisture.

My boyfriend has type 1 hair and he uses the Aubrey Organics line for fine hair--only b/c I made him buy it lol. He had a problem with thinning and I suggested using a sulfate free hair care line--and I already use the honeysuckle rose for my natural hair. I forget what the line is called but I know its for fine hair. HTH.

Any shampoo targeted for fine hair will do the trick i'm going to treat my hair to some Mastey this fall to see what this high end hoopla is all about. If that weighs down her hair then dilute that if her hair is fairy fine she might want to explore a WO (water only) option.

Back