Help Please!

r10169c

Hi, I have been a member for quite some time. I never post just read everyone else’s and hope that I can learn how to take care of my 3a/b fine hair that I wash every other day because of itchy scalp. Now my question is can you lady please help me put together a regimen? I use Kera Care Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, Kera Care Humetco Creme Conditioner, Kera Care Essential Oils for the hair, Kera Care Silken Seal Blowdry, Lotion, Silk2 Foam Potion Wrap and Fermodyl 619 Extra Strength Leave in treatment (For chemically relaxed hair), I get my hair relax with Mizani Mild Relaxer. I also have but not yet use Kera Care Super Reconstructor, Kera Care Leave In Conditioner, ApHogee Evening Primrose Hot oil Treatment , ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak, ORS Hair Mayonnaise, ORS Uplifting Shampoo, Silicon Mix, BBD Stretch Growth Crème, Surge plus 14, Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler , Aveda Nourshing Concentrate. Please help and thanks in advance Jackie.

r10169c said:
Hi, I have been a member for quite some time. I never post just read everyone else’s and hope that I can learn how to take care of my 3a/b fine hair that I wash every other day because of itchy scalp. Now my question is can you lady please help me put together a regimen? I use Kera Care Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, Kera Care Humetco Creme Conditioner, Kera Care Essential Oils for the hair, Kera Care Silken Seal Blowdry, Lotion, Silk2 Foam Potion Wrap and Fermodyl 619 Extra Strength Leave in treatment (For chemically relaxed hair), I get my hair relax with Mizani Mild Relaxer. I also have but not yet use Kera Care Super Reconstructor, Kera Care Leave In Conditioner, ApHogee Evening Primrose Hot oil Treatment , ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak, ORS Hair Mayonnaise, ORS Uplifting Shampoo, Silicon Mix, BBD Stretch Growth Crème, Surge plus 14, Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler , Aveda Nourshing Concentrate. Please help and thanks in advance Jackie.

Hi and welcome. Our hair is pretty close so, I would encourage you to stop washing your hair so much. Once or twice a week is good enough. You could be causing the dry scalp by stripping the oils from your hair by washing every other day.

Sounds like you are using the right products, but how are you using them and are you using to much heat?

Keep reading all these ladies regimens...your hair will be more lovely sooner than you think!

Welcome to the board!

Personally, my intial impression is that you have too many products, but as I'm not a product junkie and don't like to experiment, this may be par for the course.

Tell us more, Jackie. Do you have problems with:
- uneven growth, e.g. one side shorter than the other
- dryness
- breakage
- shedding

Where are you now with your hair and what are your goals?
Also, why do you relax your 3a/b type hair?
How do you style your hair and would you like to consider other styling options?

Thanks for the reply Nice & Wavy and Miss Biss
Sorry made a mistake my hair type is more a delicate/fine 4a 4b & 3c right now it is growing out of a short Hallie Barry style. I am trying to get my hair to it healthiest past my shoulder. In the winter months I use the hooded hair dryer and in the summer months I air dry but once it is dry either way I use my curling iron to style my hair.

I wash my hair then put humetco on and then sit with a plastic cap on for about 20 minutes after that I rinse my hair and apply Fermodyl 619 , Silk2 Foam Potion Wrap comb it flat, add Silken Seal, tie it down and then sit under the dryer or air dry.

My problem areas are thin temples, a little shedding and breaking.

have you tried any of the keracare dry & itchy scalp products? They have worked wonders for my dry scalp, you also might try conditioner washes sometimes instead of using shampoo which can strip the hair of its natural oils.

How about trying Paul Mitchell Tea Tree products for the itchy-is-ness? That always does the trick for me

Hello and welcome!:) If you're trying to stick to the Keracare Line exclusively I would look into also using their Dry and Itchy Shampoos and Considitoners. I use the Shampoo and follow it up with the Hydrating Detangling shampoo and it has worked wonders curing the itchies. Also a lot of ladies use the Dry and Itchy conditioner for a little bit then rinse it out and follow it up with Humecto. I would also make sure that you have some what regular protein treatments for your hair (if you're relaxed). I made the mistake of over-Humecto-ing and not using enough protein and I am currently trying to regain that balance! Overall it looks like you're using a lot of good products (I love Keracare I might marry it one day:dinner: )

I also grew out an extremely short cut (a fauxhawk that I got in August and for me the key was PATIENCE. It was really not fun at all, sometimes I was so stumped with what to do with my hair that I considered keeping it short forever! Just hang in there and when it seems like there's no hope and your hair won't do what you want it to.... hang in there some more!:lachen: J/K it does get better! HHG!

Hey! I think that you're allergic to some of your products. Take one out of your regimen one by one and see what happens. Welcome!

Hi! welcome to the board! I just wanted to tell you that I have dry itchy scalp as well, and applying anything to the scalp only makes it worse. But i have found that when i am taking my flaxseed capsules regularly, i no longer have the problem. no itching, no dandruff. just a well moisturized scalp and roots. and i am starting off with taking 1 tablet everyday and then i will increase to 2 tablets...which is my max doseage.

Back