Please help me with an auburn hair color!

mrshicks2002

I wanting to dye or just highlight my hair all over an auburn color without using a permanent hair color. My hair is black, so I know it will not show up much. What can I use to achieve this color without damaging my hair.

I have also looked at Hennalucent in sunset glo, but would love to hear from those that have used it before and what did you think of it.

Try a semi permanent color.

Clairol Beautiful and Adore colors are both good.

I didn't see your post before, don't get mad :) Sometimes it just happens like that!

Try a semi permanent color.

Clairol Beautiful and Adore colors are both good.

I didn't see your post before, don't get mad :) Sometimes it just happens like that!

Thanks and I am not mad in any kind of way, sorry if you took it that way.:ohwell: Ya adore does have some great semi colors and I tried the medium red brown and it didnt even show up at all not even in the sun, so maybe I will try the beautiful collections.

If your hair is black, it is going to be very hard to get that color without lifting some of yours. Is your hair dyed black?

You can try semipermanent color to see if you can get any color deposit. Colorshowers is popular here and they have a couple reddish colors.

If your hair is black, it is going to be very hard to get that color without lifting some of yours. Is your hair dyed black?

You can try semipermanent color to see if you can get any color deposit. Colorshowers is popular here and they have a couple reddish colors.

Yes I did it awhile ago with a black adore semi color. I thought about using Clairol Luminizer in clear because I saw a few heads that done it and they hair was very beautiful, but I am afraid that it will not treat my hair right.

Yes I did it awhile ago with a black adore semi color. I thought about using Clairol Luminizer in clear because I saw a few heads that done it and they hair was very beautiful, but I am afraid that it will not treat my hair right.

Black is a tricky color to lift regardless of what you use. It usually leave behing green that you tone with red to get a brown tint.

How long ago did you do it? I personally would wait awhile longer to see if any of your current color fades and go from there.

Black is a tricky color to lift regardless of what you use. It usually leave behing green that you tone with red to get a brown tint.

How long ago did you do it? I personally would wait awhile longer to see if any of your current color fades and go from there.

I see. The black I did about 4 or 5 months ago. OHHH I just wanted to try it, but I am going to go and stick with the safe route with at least semi colors and nothing more.

I see. The black I did about 4 or 5 months ago. OHHH I just wanted to try it, but I am going to go and stick with the safe route with at least semi colors and nothing more.

When in doubt call a local professional colorist to see what else you can do. Then you can decide if it is worth your trouble. Heat and oil help drive out color so maybe you can try warm oil prepoos to see if that helps at all.

Thanks and I have been eyeing that red copper for a while, but I also see that cinnamon is a really nice color. I have the colorshowers in brown.

See my pics in avatar and siggy...I use Red Copper (Cobre) but my hair isn't anywhere near black.

Back