Please help me help my cousin

GoingBack

My cousin just received word that she and her military husband have to move to Germany for a year. She called me last night asking for product recommendations. She said that a beauty supply store called Ulta just opened near her house and she wants to know what products she should buy to take to Germany. Any ideas guys? She has very fine, dry 3c/4a hair. She wants it to grow longer and thicker. I'm trying to get her to put the heat down, but she won't listen /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

I think that she should take some good moisturizing products and a good protein conditioner. She told me that she is experiencing some breakage at the crown area too. I think that GPB might fix that. Oh, does anyone here know of a good stylist in Ramstein, Germany. I know that its a long shot, but I thought that I would ask anyway.

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate your help and so does my cousin. /images/graemlins/kisses.gif

Hey Kitty:] I'm still new to the boards, and I am yet to visit Europe but I hope I can still help! First off, you better hide those heat-styling tools from her!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulta tends to be a bit on the pricey side. However, they do carry a lot of great stuff. Since your cousin has very fine hair, I would recommend that she try the Nexxus Vitatress line, particularly the Biotin Creme. I have been using this for about a month now and I love it:] Unfortunately, it comes in a small 2.1 oz package for about $11.00:/ You are supposed to apply it on to the scalp daily, although I know that many (including myself) use it every other day since it is such a small amount:D Here is a coupon your cousin can print out and use if she decided to get it:
http://ulta45spa.crossmediaservices.com/...mp;redirected=Y

Check out the other hair supplies they offer (starts from page 22) and while you're at it, check out our girl on page 17:]

Personally, I would grab the Biotin creme (cuz that is all a poor college kid can afford in that store:D) and run before I start to become tempted to purchase more stuff there! Then head on over to Wal-Mart/Target/etc. Stock up on Suave Milk & Honey conditioners. Daily CWs have made a world of difference for me. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Don't want to turn her into a PJ, so keep it simple. GPB sounds like a good idea for protein:] Also try to cover the rest of the bases: A leave-in (Diluted Infusium?), a good shampoo (CoN?), a deep conditioner (LeKair Cholesterol?), an oil (coconut? castor? jojoba?) I also like Surge and shea butter, but those options seem to have varied results, depending on hair type.

Anywho, my SO lived in Germany for a few years because his dad was transferred there. I know that his mom found a group of expatriate women that helped her survive those years and they all had a lot of fun:D From what he tells me, Germany is pretty globalized and it should not be hard to find decent products... but what do men know? :] I do suggests that your cousin do her research though! Find a network of expats, so she knows what to expect and has some sort of support group when she gets there. My dad was in the military, so my mom was a military wife for awhile and found solace with the other military wives:] Here is one expat site that i found:
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_content_subchannel.asp?subchannel_id=26
And I am sure that there are many other sites, mailing lists, forums (try Usenet), etc.

Sorry that this post is so long! :O But I hope it helped a bit! /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

Thank you so much Skydancer! This helps me a lot. I am going to forward her your post. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back