Please help me figure out...

webby

Think Slim
what's going on with my hair.

I noticed that I have a lot of short hairs sprouting up. I don't have any breakage, at all. I have gotten my shedding under control. All of the hairs seemed to have appeared suddenly; they are all about an half an inch long. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Any one have any ideas what may be going on?

Okay girl, quit begging me...Just Kidding

This is my observation. Remember when I told you your hair would undergo changes during and after your pregnancy? Well I wasn't telling any stories. If you experienced shedding and/or mild breakage while you were pregnant, these little hairs sprouting back up could very well be your hair filling back in.

No need to stress over it, my hair did some weird stuff when I was pregnant with both of my babies, during each pregnancy and post. If the sprouts bother you from them sticking up, just use a light serum or elixer to smooth them down until they eventually start to blend into the length of your hair. HTH

Hi webby~ all I can think of is that it is new growth... you metioned having had a lot of shedding recently? Perhaps is just the shed hair follicles "rebounding" with new growth.

Dream, you are living up to your name /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Thank you. I was hoping that the sprouts were pregnancy related, because I am super gentle with my hair. It just startled the heck out of me to see these lil hair standing straight up. I was like /images/graemlins/huh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
webby said:
what's going on with my hair.

I noticed that I have a lot of short hairs sprouting up. I don't have any breakage, at all. I have gotten my shedding under control. All of the hairs seemed to have appeared suddenly; they are all about an half an inch long. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Any one have any ideas what may be going on?

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, it sounds like new hairs sprouting up. What else could it be?

Thank you ladies. I'm feeling calm now. I think that it is definitely rebounding hair. I am recovering from shedding...I forgot that when the hair sheds like that, it will eventually grow back. That also explains why all of the short hairs are the same lenth.

Curly, I doubt that the short hairs are from the roller setting, because I am always careful not to catch any stray hairs. Also, as Dream, Jet and Allandra mentioned, I had post partum shedding. Those hairs always grow back. This just took me by surprise, because just a couple of weeks ago, they weren't there.

I'm glad you ladies have these positive comments about this issue because I have the same thing going on right now.
31.gif

Ok...
Well, maybe we should both keep an eye on this. I'm going to monitor my sprouts closely to make sure they are all growing and to check to see if there are new shorties coming in.

Wow Webby that means your hair is going to be even thicker! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Which is never a bad thing in my book!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Webby, my hair is always like this. I am a big shedder all of the time. I have a terrible time getting them to lay down. /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
Wow Webby that means your hair is going to be even thicker! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Which is never a bad thing in my book!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking about the dreaded drying time /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back