Please help! I am SOOOO confused!

PrincessAJ

I am looking for a good deep conditioner with no protein. I have been searching the board and found tons of posts about good deep conditioners without protein but the more and more I research the more and more confused I become! Some ppl say a conditioner is purely moisturizing....while others say the same one is a light protein conditioner. I have coarse hair and I'm just trying to add some moisture. I do twist outs but have to retwist every day just for moisture. Even when I add moisture some patches of my hair just stay dry. Are plant proteins okay to use or could they be the reason for my dry hair?!? I am currently using Jason Natural Sea Kelp Conditioner. Thank you for taking the time out to read about my dilemma! If anyone has any suggestions feel free to comment. This whole diy hair thing is challenging. There is so much to learn!

I'm new to this stuff too so I can't really give you really good info about deep conditioners but I could recommend a good moisturizing dc. Hairveda's SitriNillah Masque-Ultra Moisturizing Deep Conditioner is great. I used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it made my hair feel so nice so you could maybe try that for some moisture...yea, that's my two cents lol

Last edited:
If you are looking for a super light protein and don't mind cones I would recommend the Patene Relaxed and Naturals Mask...if you can find it...or the Pantene Restorative Deep Conditioner; they are the exact same thing and come in a small jar. My hair generally hates proteins but loves this Pantene mask for whatever reason. It was raved about a long time ago and is a staple in my regimen. HTH.

IC fantasia has a very nice moisturzing deep conditioner. I use it when I've been using too much protein on my hair and it works wonders every time.
When I've used to much protein my hair will feel hard. Is this what your experiencing?

I have yet to try the Jason Sea Kelp conditioner, my product junkie self just recieved it in the mail a few days ago..

I went to the BSS and they highly recommended DPR-11. Now I thought I had read mixed reviews about it but the owners love it and not only that they said their customers do to. I braided my hair shortly there after and have yet to use it but will when I come out of braids, but it's something to try.

Joico Moisture retension conditioner in the blue bottle. A little pricey, but makes your hair feel like butta!

Thanks! I'm a pj ALREADY so I'll probably try a couple of these out.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=325457

This was a helpful thread ladies list whether it was moisturizing protein etc...

Hope this was as helpful to you as it was to me! I subscribed to it

K! I'll check the thread out!

IC fantasia has a very nice moisturzing deep conditioner. I use it when I've been using too much protein on my hair and it works wonders every time.
When I've used to much protein my hair will feel hard. Is this what your experiencing?

I have yet to try the Jason Sea Kelp conditioner, my product junkie self just recieved it in the mail a few days ago..

Yes I am experiencing hardness but only in certain areas. The hair on the crown of my head will feel hard but everything else below it will feel soft. It's kinda crazy!:wallbash:

Last edited:
Alterna Hemp Hydrate is a veeeeeeeeeery moisturizing DC. And you might be able to locate it in your TJ Maxx or Marshalls at the moment.

Back