Please help (how to incorporate ACV rinse into routine)

blackbarbie

Hi Ladies,
I am trying to simplify things and don't have all day to fool with my hair tomorrow, so hopefully someone can help me out quickly here.

I want to do some type of conditioning pre-poo treatment tonight (I usually do a cheapie condish with EVOO, put a plastic cap on and call it a night, but any new idea would be welcomed!)....Without me having to jump in and out of the shower 3 or 4 times tomorrow morning before I rollerset, how do I incorporate an ACV rinse in my routine tomorrow or rather, what would be the best order to do things that won't take up so much time since I will be under the dryer for a good part of the day anyway?

Thanks in advance!!:)

BB

OOOOOOOoo, you could try doing the steaming DC, then shampoo w/you favorite poo, while the poo is still in your hair pour on the ACV, rinse shower and get out. The steaming DC is done w/ a protein/moisturing conditioner like ORS Hair Mayo put on dry hair, then wrap hair in a hot wet towel and put a plastic cap on your head for 15 or so. That way you only have to get in the shower once. I got this from Machierieamore, I'll bump up the thread for ya. HTH's

BeautifulWideEyes said:
OOOOOOOoo, you could try doing the steaming DC, then shampoo w/you favorite poo, while the poo is still in your hair pour on the ACV, rinse shower and get out. The steaming DC is done w/ a protein/moisturing conditioner like ORS Hair Mayo put on dry hair, then wrap hair in a hot wet towel and put a plastic cap on your head for 15 or so. That way you only have to get in the shower once. I got this from Machierieamore, I'll bump up the thread for ya. HTH's

So no need to DC tonight? And let me make sure I am correct on the poo part....While I have the poo on my hair, (before I rinse it out) just pour on the ACV (what proportion? I saw someone say 2 tablespoons per 40 oz. but not sure) and I am done when I rinse it out?

Will there be no need to "re" condition after the ACV? Will my hair be moisturized enough to go straight to rollersetting?

Sorry about all the questions but it's just I have so much to do this weekend and am really dreading taking up my saturday fooling with my hair, but i desperately need to do it (and wanted to try to ACV rinse too).....This sounds like a timesaver and if my hair is moist even after the ACV rinse w/o me have to get out of the shower, sit, DC, get back in the shower, rinse, etc...........that would be great!!

Since ACV will close the cuticle and give shine...I recommend using it toward the end.

For example, tomorrow I'm going to deep protein condition (Ion Keratin Reconstructor) on dry hair under heat for 20 minutes, shampoo & rinse, put acv rinse on THEN without rinsing but a 3 to 5 minute moisturizing conditioner with detangling powers on while I shower (i'm using Robert Craig).

Then rinse ...airdry and style.

I read a thread a long time ago about the great effects of leaving the ACV on under a quick rinse out conditioner ...and I like to do that every now and then.

ETA: oh, I notice this is somewhat similar to the above post...oops ...carry on.

Last edited:
I usually do a pre poo on dry hair .... my favorite condish with lots of coconut oil ontop.. let sit under a baggie, then I either rinse out with water or just pour a and acv rinse on top as the rinse depending on the amount of condish in hair.

I only shower once and I love the ACV rinse. I will nver wash without it.

>>>>off topic wideeyes I did not know you where a philly girl... maybe I know you...

BeautifulWideEyes said:

Thanks for bumping this up! I read through the original post and all the other posts as well; this seems like i won't be jumping in and out and in out and in and out, etc. and can still get a moisturizing do! I will only use shampooing every other week though.

If this works, it will so become my NEW routine and cut sooo much time off my lonnnnnng regime.

Thanks BWE for bumping it up and thanks Machierieamore for posting:)

BB

Synthia said:
Since ACV will close the cuticle and give shine...I recommend using it toward the end.

For example, tomorrow I'm going to deep protein condition (Ion Keratin Reconstructor) on dry hair under heat for 20 minutes, shampoo & rinse, put acv rinse on THEN without rinsing but a 3 to 5 minute moisturizing conditioner with detangling powers on while I shower (i'm using Robert Craig).

Then rinse ...airdry and style.

I read a thread a long time ago about the great effects of leaving the ACV on under a quick rinse out conditioner ...and I like to do that every now and then.

ETA: oh, I notice this is somewhat similar to the above post...oops ...carry on.

So after I rinse the shampoo out, go on and put the ACV rinse in and before I rinse it out, put a moisturizing conditioner on top of it, THEN rinse it out??? (what proportion of vinegar to water do you use?)

Thanks in advance!:)

BB

Yeah, that's right.

I wish could find that archive thread where I first read about this ...but I just tried and couldn't.

Several people have said putting conditioner right on top of the ACV works wonders for them.

Anyway, hopefully someone else can find that thread and bump it ... before that I couldnt really use ACV because it tangled my hair and gave me no slip. Putting conditioner over it and leaving it for a few minutes gives me slip.

I just take a bottle of spring water (16.9 oz) ...drink a sip and pour in a half cap of ACV (so NOT scientific :p).

Just curious though...if ACV seals the cuticle...wouldnt it prevent the moisturizing conditioner from penetrating the hairshaft as effectively?

Just curious though...if ACV seals the cuticle...wouldnt it prevent the moisturizing conditioner from penetrating the hairshaft as effectively?

This might be too late but after shampooing and rinsing , I spray my acv concotion onto my towel-dried hair and then I apply conditioner . My hair seems to like this :love:

BeautifulWideEyes said:

Thanks again for bumping this up and thanks to macherieamore for initially posting it! I am sitting under the dryer as we speak and I am really anxious to see how my hair will turn out, but I can definitely say that it cut off tons of time jumping in and out of the shower and when I went to rollerset, it was really soft and easy to detangle.

Now if I could just figure out a way to "self rollerset" it, I would be even happier,:lol: cause it still takes me a while to rollerset it!!

Also thank you too synthia; I just poured the ACV over my hair after washing the shampoo out and then followed it up by putting the conditioner on there (i used a cheapie one, suave and ddta) and left it on while i showered.

Thanks to everyone else that chimed in as well!

BB

Yes that is correct, I actually got the pouring ACV on while the poo is still in your hair from the Dominicans, right b4 they rinse the poo out they pour it on the hair (i do 2tbsp to 16oz of water) comb through and rinse.
You shouldn't have to re-condition your hair as long as your DC went great and you use a moisturizing poo I don't see it being a problem, but of course you have to see what works for your hair. I like to use a final rinse like Porostiy control or any of my Dominican conditioner rinses w/this you just add it to your hair comb through and rinse, it's very softening and smooths the cuticle, plus I always add a leave-in b4 roller-setting so I never dealt w/any dry hair.

sorry to get back so late, but I was really busy yesterday sewwing for an event i went to today, I hope it worked well for you.
blackbarbie said:
So no need to DC tonight? And let me make sure I am correct on the poo part....While I have the poo on my hair, (before I rinse it out) just pour on the ACV (what proportion? I saw someone say 2 tablespoons per 40 oz. but not sure) and I am done when I rinse it out?

Will there be no need to "re" condition after the ACV? Will my hair be moisturized enough to go straight to rollersetting?

Sorry about all the questions but it's just I have so much to do this weekend and am really dreading taking up my saturday fooling with my hair, but i desperately need to do it (and wanted to try to ACV rinse too).....This sounds like a timesaver and if my hair is moist even after the ACV rinse w/o me have to get out of the shower, sit, DC, get back in the shower, rinse, etc...........that would be great!!

Back