PLEASE HELP!! cant do this anymore>> I need salon recommendations for FL area

mzhotniz86

PLEASE HELP!! cant do this anymore>>AND I need salon recommendations for FL area

Hi guys! Im very depressed right now. On saturday i washed my hair as usual and did my rollerset (this time I used keracare to wash and dudleys setting lotion for the rollerset) and sat under the dryer and everything came out fine (that dudleys is no joke *thumbs up*) anyway , we had went out after that and as soon as the humidity hit my hair it swelled up (im used to it) so when i got back home I re-rolled my hair , tied it up and went 2 sleep.

YESTERDAY, when I combed down my wrap I almost passed the freak out. I guess I didnt look at the back of my head from the night before , and just noticed my hair is thin and short and barely reaching my shirt collar right in the middle in the back of my head. :( I could cry right now just talking about it. I dont know what to do. Ever since i had that bad trim the split ends seem to be getting worse , but ive been advised not to do a trim until my next touch up. Every time i comb my hair BREAKAGE BREAKAGE BREAKAGE!! Im freaking out seriously. My nape started out that way with the splits , and now my whole nape is short and brittle, while my hair on the sides stay the longest pieces. so basically you can see through the ends in the back . I also notice the hair on the sides is starting to do the same thing. Its like the splits are mixed between different strands of good hair. I would post a picture but Im too upset. I cant believe that just on friday I could wear my hair down and it looked decent. now it just looks like somebody tore the hair out of my head in the back. :cry: So here are my questions:

1) what should do i do? i dont know if its my styling technique or what. I dont mind washing my hair at home and all that, but I need it trimmed and I dont know if i can wait or if trimming is really the answer or not.

2)Does anyone know of any salons in the tampa/ st. petersburg area that specialize in hair care? I do not want to lose all my hair!! Im scared to even comb it let alone wash it anymore. :mad:

More info: im 4b and relaxed and I am 4 weeks post relaxer. Im thinking about stretching , but I dont know if thats the answer or not

Last edited:
There is a dominican salon Arelis on Lois Avenue in Tampa that is really good in all my years of living in Saint Pete. I have not found a salon that doesn't use unhealthy practices on the hair or else trying to shalack it up in a "do". The hard water, relaxers, and the heat and humidity can wreck havoc on the hair. I have learned to do my own hair over the years so I don't go often I go when I need my trims. I dont have the address with me right now but I'll pm it to you when i get home.

birdie said:
There is a dominican salon Arelis on Lois Avenue in Tampa that is really good in all my years of living in Saint Pete. I have not found a salon that doesn't use unhealthy practices on the hair or else trying to shalack it up in a "do". The hard water, relaxers, and the heat and humidity can wreck havoc on the hair. I have learned to do my own hair over the years so I don't go often I go when I need my trims. I dont have the address with me right now but I'll pm it to you when i get home.

yes, I heard of them. i had a bad experience with a domincan salon (sollanys on waters) and she left my hair with a bad cut, when i asked for a trim and my hair was so dry. thats why i was trying to take a break from them for awhile. i actually think i may have found a placeim gonna try it out this weekend. she uses the keracare line and she sounds like she knows what shes doing, so ill see. i so nervous tho :perplexed

alexstin said:
You might want to try the salon review portion of the board.

i did, and they didnt have any for my area listed so i made another post for it. im trying out a new salon this weekend so if she any good ill be answering my own post :cool:

I was going to suggest Aurelis also. I've been going there for about 7 months and I'm very pleased with my results. For years I went to Emerald City in Clwtr. but decided that it was time for a change. If you want either salon's contact information, I'll be happy to send you a PM. Just let me know.

I suggest to leave you hair alone until you can get your hair stronger, back in shape.
Get twist outs, braid outs, flexi rod sets, braids(Try the crown and glory method).
Basically styles that require little manipulation.
Don't get a relaxer for a while and do a balance of protien and moisturizing deep conditioning treatments.

Miss*Tress said:
mzhotniz86, it sounds to me like your hair might be over-processed. Tell us about your last relaxer.

I had went to a dominican salon and the girl used Affirm (not sure of the strength) then they washed me out and i believe used miss key for my con. then she proceeded to "trim" my hair, which was more of and eneven cut on different sides of my head.then came the brutal rollerset and blowout. when she first took it down i didnt like it so she pinned it , i sat under the dryer and she blew it out again :ohwell: i will never be going back there.

Alliyasmom said:
I was going to suggest Aurelis also. I've been going there for about 7 months and I'm very pleased with my results. For years I went to Emerald City in Clwtr. but decided that it was time for a change. If you want either salon's contact information, I'll be happy to send you a PM. Just let me know.

Oh yes, you can send me that. im trying a salon by my house this weekend, but Ill def keep her info handy if it doesnt work out. thank yoU!

angelk316 said:
I suggest to leave you hair alone until you can get your hair stronger, back in shape.
Get twist outs, braid outs, flexi rod sets, braids(Try the crown and glory method).
Basically styles that require little manipulation.
Don't get a relaxer for a while and do a balance of protien and moisturizing deep conditioning treatments.

yes, i was thinking the same thing. Ive been using my chopstick to pin my hair up at work through the week , but i dont know if that may be whats contributing to my ends thinning as well. im also trying to get myself right from the inside out cause Im not seeing as much new growth as Id hoped for and its 5 weeks post relaxer :(

and im also thinking of stretching this relaxer and getting braids or kinky twists for the summertime. do you think thats a good idea even with all the breakage? or should I wait until its trimmed and freshly relaxed?

Back