Please Help A (Sort Of) Newbie

kenkaikim

I've been in lurker mode for a long time, but I am about to go crazy trying a build a regimen. I was sporting a cute little afro up until a week and a half ago. I decided I wanted a change, so I relaxed it. When I was natural the only product that I used, other than shampoo and conditioner, was S-curl as my moisturizer. What I do with my two inches of hair now is, co-wash daily with Suave, spray a bit of S-curl and gel down with ecostyler protein gel. After the gel dries, I apply about about a pea size amount of oil to the entire length of my hair. That way my hair is no longer hard.

My questions are, should I use a leave-in (I currently own Aussie Hair Insurance) instead of S-curl or is the S-curl fine? Is it okay to use the protein gel everyday?

I wash and deep condition twice weekly with CON shampoo and condtioner. I clarify as needed with Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo. I have alot of fine hair (as told to me by a beautician). Is there something I should add or delete? All suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated. TIA

I would delete the protein gel daily. I hear it dries the hair and causes breakage after a while. Maybe use it two or three days of the week. Maybe someone with expert knowledge of this will help. BUMP...

I would delete the protein gel daily. I hear it dries the hair and causes breakage after a while. Maybe use it two or three days of the week. Maybe someone with expert knowledge of this will help. BUMP...

I was concerned about the gel so I went looking for something different yesterday, but just about all the gels I saw had protein in them. I saw a gel by Ampro in a purple jar. I think it was called Purple Rain. I've never heard of it before so I didn't get it. I may give it a try.

I used the purple rain years ago, it was "eh" i think :perplexed but i actually found i.c. fantasia gel (i think that's what it's called) from ladies on the site and i purchased it yesterday. Mainly because my hairs in the back tend to leave my ponytail and i was going to use it (just a little) on the hair back there to make some small curls.

I will say this, the s-curl left my hair dry & crunchy when i used it! It definitely did not work for my hair (neither the natural or relaxed parts). So watch it carefully to make sure your hair is not dry

I used the purple rain years ago, it was "eh" i think :perplexed but i actually found i.c. fantasia gel (i think that's what it's called) from ladies on the site and i purchased it yesterday. Mainly because my hairs in the back tend to leave my ponytail and i was going to use it (just a little) on the hair back there to make some small curls.

I will say this, the s-curl left my hair dry & crunchy when i used it! It definitely did not work for my hair (neither the natural or relaxed parts). So watch it carefully to make sure your hair is not dry

What moisturizer do you use?

Back