PLEASE HELP!! 4B STUBBORN HAIR! *PICS*

mzhotniz86

Ok, I have a wittle dilemma. I have some basic pics of my hair after wash and style in my journal for the past couple of weeks, but this past weekend, I dont know what i did wrong. First off , I tried something different. I washed with Vo5 lime clarifying poo (2x) and shampooed AGAIN w/ Mizani Botanifying.
Then I put my conditioner mix of miss key 10 en1 and emergencia on and sat under the dryer for like 20 min. Then I used my leave in and put that NTM triple moisture healing shine serum on, and did a rollerset. I ended up having to blowdry the curls i had in the back out a little and then used the curling iron on it. The top of my head where I left the other curls , had actually came out so pretty! But they eventually fell and i combed them out to lay flat.I didnt put any moisturizer on it until I was ready to wrap it and go to sleep. Anyway, today my ends feel thinner , and my hair is dull and it seems shorter (may be the new growth?) :perplexed . And as you can see from the pics here:

MEROLLER.jpg
(please dont mind my crazed look lol)

MEROLLER-1.jpg

my ends look a mess!! I cant trim it yet, because the girl I went 2 did that 3weeks ago , plus I've been dusting here and there. I really dont want 2 cut my hair AGAIN. Im mad as hell right now :mad: Does it sound like I may have used the wrong products or what?

Your ends don't look bad to me but its hard to tell with the lighting. I'm not sure what happened (did you notice lots of hair loss while styling the day before) maybe to much heat (unsure if this is a normal routine or for special occasion).

Bumping and hoping someone else has more input.

HTH

You said you tried something different.

I would suggest you go back to what worked for your hair before and leave you ends alone for at least the next 30 days.

Don't cut your ends anymore for another 4-6 weeks. Just condition and feed them moisture.

Baggie them and do a bun or hide your hair for a little while.

Hmmm.Im 4b and I think your hair looks fine. Then again you know your hair better than anyone else.Something similar hapened to me when I skiped out on my deep conditioner and blow dried my hair. That was a big no-no!!:( My hair was so britle and the ends were thin and fragile. It looked so bad I decided to wet my hair again and use my ORS hair mayo. I left it on for two hours with a plastic cap and no heat. I rinsed it out and simply air dried. When my hair was completely dry it was like a total 360! Soft, full, strong and shiny. My end's were back to normal.Im never skipping deep conditioning again. If you did deep condition, it could be the shampoo. The conditioners are good, but vo5 and suave shampoo's have a tendancy to dry out 4b hair to the bone. Try Motions lavish conditioning shampoo. It contains silk and keratin protein leaving the hair buttery smooth while you wash it. Most of all avoid using heat!!! It plays a huge part in drying out our already naturally dry 4b hair. Hope all this helped.

What is it that you want it to do that it isn't doing? Your ends don't look a mess and your hair is probably a bit dry from shampooing 2x with a clarifying poo. Don't worry about it, just wash your hair with something moisturizing at your next wash and deep condition. My hair looks shorter as I get further from my relaxer even though it's longer, who knows why, it can't always be stick straight and show length. Don't worry about your hair unless you see breakage or split ends, seriously!!!:)

Your hair looks good to me. Maybe you should do a moisturizing (no protein) deep conditon next time you wash. Also, that V05 clarifying was stripping when I tried it. Is that the clarifying you always use?

Girl, you hair looks good. Put some cone' free moisturizer in there and keep getting up until your next shampoo day. :)

THANK YOU GUYS for responding!!! :) it probably has been dried out from the shampoo and I will start the baggying again. The only thing with the baggying is that I notice more shedding (maybe its the moisturizer??). Really this is my 3rd time washing it myself since I stopped going to my stylist a month ago, so I'm still trying to get used to everything. And when I see a difference in the texture and thickness I start 2 get nervous a little , thinking my hair is gonna fall out lol. I've been battling with splits for a minute so certain styles will look jacked up to me.And I will definitely check out the cons and poos you all suggested. Im a major PJ and Im still trying to see what works and what doesnt. THANKS again for all of your input , I dont feel bad anymore :)

Back