Pics of 4b hair ~Naturals~ Please!

envybeauty

I see so many nice heads of hair on here. But, deep down I wonder where are my natural 4bs at? I wanna see pics of TRUE 4b.

I am relaxed but it seems like TRUE 4bs are in the minority on here. Not mixed 4a/4b..not maybe 4bs...but TRUE 4bs.

Oh...and a true 4b knows she is a 4b. There are no cute coils, pensprings, ocean waves, etc. 4B is cottony. Defined waves, nope.e

Please post pics!! Natural 4b.

I am one nvybeauty. Let me find a pic. This was after being washed, and conditioned only. Q

ETA: Here is my FOTM pic

Thank you. Seeing a nice pic of a true 4b is refreshing where people are bc'ing and showing off all sorts of waves, curls, etc. yet I know my hair is not like that....so my heart tugs.

I am one nvybeauty. Let me find a pic. This was after being washed, and conditioned only. Q

Thank you. Seeing a nice pic of a true 4b is refreshing where people are bc'ing and showing off all sorts of waves, curls, etc. yet I know my hair is not like that....so my heart tugs.
So are you going to transition or do a bc? Either way just know it gets easy once you find products that work and get a good regi. I am able to do my hair fairly quickly now. Q

My hair is similar to yours, Queeny, and I definitely see coils there. It's cottony, but coily.

Nvy, I don't think there are a lot of true 4b's with strictly 4b all over. I have some 4b and some 4a, and my hair is wiry and cottony (if that's possible).

Are you thinking of Cnapp, or am I just confused?:look:

So are you going to transition or do a bc? Either way just know it gets easy once you find products that work and get a good regi. I am able to do my hair fairly quickly now. Q

I am not in the process of transitioning.

I would like to know that if I were to do it, I would be reminded of what my hair would look like and not be disappointed or disillusioned by all the 3b.4a,etc. who post pics of their bc. I need to remember that their hair is not my hair and no amount of oil, conditioner, etc. is going to change that. It is easy to get caught up in thinking that my 4b hair would curl and wave up like theirs if all I see on here are those hair types.

My hair is similar to yours, Queeny, and I definitely see coils there. It's cottony, but coily.

Nvy, I don't think there are a lot of true 4b's with strictly 4b all over. I have some 4b and some 4a, and my hair is wiry and cottony (if that's possible).

Yes I have a couple but when it dries, it is like cotton!!!

I agree because I think because of the way hair can wrap around itself, if that makes sense. But I hope I have given you some inspiration nvy. Q

Nah kid..not in particular.

me...still addicted to the creamy crack trying to make it past 6 weeks post right about now. :grin: maybe in a few years.. until then..i'll live vicariously..:look:

Last edited:

I would like to know that if I were to do it, I would be reminded of what my hair would look like and not be disappointed or disillusioned by all the 3b.4a,etc. who post pics of their bc. I need to remember that their hair is not my hair and no amount of oil, conditioner, etc. is going to change that. It is easy to get caught up in thinking that my 4b hair would curl and wave up like theirs if all I see on here are those hair types.

Oh okay. When was the last time you were natural? Q

I agree because I think because of the way hair can wrap around itself, if that makes sense. But I hope I have given you some inspiration nvy. Q

you are an inspiration ... truly a feature :grin:

I see what you mean. Well, I'll post a pic then. I know I'm mostly 4b with some 4A here and there.

Right after my BC:

S7301912.jpg

Today, with curly pudding:

S7302460.jpg

Nvy, if I'm not mistaken, the only hair that truly doesn't respond to product is Cnapp hair. I'm not an expert though...I've only been natural for 5 minutes.:grin:

I think that's really smart. It's better to have no expectations and be surprised by all the things your natural hair can do than to be expecting Tracee E Ross hair and end up disappointed.

I am still experimenting, and it's really fun to see what works and what doesn't. That's the beauty of it. No two heads are exactly alike (although I am searching for a hair twin:lachen:).

nv, no need to be disappointed if your hair does not turn out to have curlies or waves. there is nothing wrong or bad about non-curly kinky hair, and it's nothing to be disappointed over. Go here:

http://nappyme.wordpress.com/cnapy-albums/

if i wash my hair several times w/o combing, the very ends will coil up on about 1/5 of my hair. other than 2 or 3 dime-sized spots, that's as much curl as i'm going to get. the other 98% is cotton fluff. my album link is in the siggy below and also at the blog above.

i myself wondered, when finding the various hair boards, why such a high percentage of naturals on the boards have curlies. because when i think back on my childhood, i remember most girls, and boys and men even when i look around today, have hair like mine. i don't know, maybe others with our hair type chose to go natural less often, i don't know. but still, there are plenty of us out here doing it.

Queeny, your hair is beautiful!

nv, no need to be disappointed if your hair does not turn out to have curlies or waves. there is nothing wrong or bad about non-curly kinky hair, and it's nothing to be disappointed over. Go here:

if i wash my hair several times w/o combing, the very ends will coil up on about 1/5 of my hair. other than 2 or 3 dime-sized spots, that's as much curl as i'm going to get. the other 98% is cotton fluff. my album link is in the siggy below and also at the blog above.

i myself wondered, when finding the various hair boards, why such a high percentage of naturals on the boards have curlies. because when i think back on my childhood, i remember most girls, and boys and men even when i look around today, have hair like mine. i don't know, maybe others with our hair type chose to go natural less often, i don't know. but still, there are plenty of us out here doing it.

Wow, your bun is gorgeous!

What you wrote is very thought-provoking...

I think that's really smart. It's better to have no expectations and be surprised by all the things your natural hair can do than to be expecting Tracee E Ross hair and end up disappointed.

I am still experimenting, and it's really fun to see what works and what doesn't. That's the beauty of it. No two heads are exactly alike (although I am searching for a hair twin:lachen:).

your hair looks nice either way...although the change with CP is remarkable....:grin:

my avatar is just washed with a leave-in conditioner.. and detangled.

I have thin hairs, thick hairs, curly in the nape and coils sporadically around my head.

Just as said already. No two heads are really alike.

The hair in your link is what I think of when I think of 4b.
My father had that type of hair :)
I love it!!!

Back