Please explain Baggying and Sealing

Shell4624

Hey Ladies, I'm still new and learning. I plan to start my journey to growing longer and healthier hair. But I need some help in a couple of areas. I wore wigs/hair wigs for a long time 6 months but did not take proper care of my hair underneath. You girls would cringe if I told you how lazy and reckless I was with my hair. Now I'm going to start taking a lot better care of my hair and I need to know

what is the purpose of baggying?? I think it is to keep you hair protected and mositurized.. I am thinking baggying under my wigs so my hair does not dry out.. right? Tell me if this is what you do and give me some tips.. What kinds of bags? What should i put on my hair while baggying?? Should I just put my hair in a pony and then put the baggy over my entire head and then add the wig... Tips please

Also I've heard you girls mention sealing your hair. How do you do this and with what products. Tell me the benefits. I assume this means puttnig some type of oil on your hair while wet... I could be wrong. I did this last night after washing, protein treatment, and DC. I used kemi oyl... And other suggestions. Thanks.

Michelle

for baggying i think some people use ziplock bags over there ponytail. (anyone correct me if I'm wrong). the bag is placed over the ponytail after it he hair is moisturized.

sealing is when you use an oil after you apply your waterbased moisturizer to seal in the moisture. HTH.

Welcome to the board!

OK. Thanks. So if i baggy under a wig, I could probably just use a regular processing bag.. like the ones used for deep conditioning.. right?

Also does S-curl for a moisturizer and then kemi oyl or just straigt up olive oil for sealing sound right?

if you are going to moisturize you need to use a water based moisturizer. s curl is a good one. you can seal with either the olive oil or the kemi oyl. but it's not a good idea to use oil alone and then baggy because oils dont moisturize.

Also does S-curl for a moisturizer and then kemi oyl or just straigt up olive oil for sealing sound right?

Yes, this is what I use, scurl and kemi or olive oil to seal. You hair (if you baggy your whole head) or your ends (if you baggy your pony tail) will be so soft and moisturized!

Thanks Ladies. I am so upset that I just recently found this site! you guys are so helpful, I could have been arm pit legnth with lots on money still in the bank if I would have learned about this site a couple of years ago!

Back