Please Educate Me on Ceramic Flat Irons

PrettyBrownEyes

Okay, I don't regularly flat iron my hair but, when I do I've been using my trusty Jilbere Ceramic Flat Iron with the temperature dial that I learned about on here.

I don't have any problem with it and I always get compliments on my hair when I use it. The thing is I am learning that its not really ceramic, but, ceramic coated:perplexed . How damaging could this be compared to the real things?

I ordered a Solia on Friday, but, I have been wondering did I really need to since I haven't had any problems with my current flat iron.

Please advise.

im wondering about this too. I flat iron around touch up time and I dont really know how to "flat iron". It looks nice but Im always down for tips:)

Hi Ladies,
I had a Jiberie (sp) ceramic coated flat iron. Eventually the coating began to wear off. I now use a Toumaline T3 and it has solid ceramic plates. These are much smoother than my old iron. Also the ceramic is supposed to heat more evenly and maintain temp more consistently than coated plates. All I can say is that I honestly noticed a significant difference between te coated and solid plates. The quality was so much better, I am truely glad I made the investment. Oh, and my hair turns out 10x more shiney and straighter!:grin:

Back