Please don't stone me.......

Lawd,

Sunflower Momma, or whatever she calls herself, should be ASHAMED of herself!!!:(

That's a mess!:perplexed I mean what in the ham sammich?!?!?!?

I got some other things I would say, but .... I choose to be well-behaved today.:look:

But that's a mess!!!

Miss*Tress said:
Here's a little girl's before and after pics from the blog.

before.jpg
after.jpg

From the looks of the "before", it doesn't seem there was any need for chemicals to achieve the "after" look. :ohwell:

ITA.

Now, please don't stone ME :lol: ...but...This just sounds like a mild relaxer, marketed specifically toward moms of bi-racial daughters so they think they're not really using a relaxer. I just can't get over Sunflower MOM :lol: and how she talks about her daughter's hair like it's some strange, exotic animal she's never encoutered (wild, unruly, scary, the uknown...come on now!>!). That blog was annoying, i.e. "this product is not a relaxer." RIGHT :D

Just for Me is just trying to make more $$...

OneInAMillion said:
ITA.

Now, please don't stone ME :lol: ...but...This just sounds like a mild relaxer, marketed specifically toward moms of bi-racial daughters so they think they're not really using a relaxer. I just can't get over Sunflower MOM :lol: and how she talks about her daughter's hair like it's some strange, exotic animal she's never encoutered (wild, unruly, scary, the uknown...come on now!>!). That blog was annoying, i.e. "this product is not a relaxer." RIGHT :D

Just for Me is just trying to make more $$...

No, you mean S-C-A-R-E-Y :lol:

You have to add another "e" for a whole 'nother level of bone-chilling fear! Mothers hold your children-- Sunflower Mom's little daughter's curly hair is on the loose-- and its just SCAREY! :look:

I can't believe this woman, seriously.:ohwell: :lol:

Did you guys read this story that the "Sunflower Mom" posted on her blog? It was so hilarious...NOT! She thought this was so funny. It got me heated! :mad: Here's the story:

I just wanted to share a story that one of my collegues at work shared with me the other day. She is a white female who is also married to an African American. She has 3 boys and the other day they were giving their dog, Casper, a bath. The youngest, who is in second grade, was trying to control the dog while they were bathing him but the dog would not listen to him. So the mom yelled for the dog to be still and the dog obeyed her. When this happened, the son made the comment to his brother..."You know why Casper listened to mom? Because she is white and white people stick together!!!" Of coarse, Casper's fur is white so he made the assumption that he is a caucasion dog! So the mom said well, how come you listen to me??? Your not all white? He said...That's why I only listen to you "half" the time!! Get it???? Because he is half!! Isn't that funny?? It is also sad in a way that he is already understanding how this society is for the most part. "White people stick together". A second grader is figuring out how cruel the world can be! It kind of shocked her!

Miss*Tress said:
Here's a little girl's before and after pics from the blog.

before.jpg
after.jpg

From the looks of the "before", it doesn't seem there was any need for chemicals to achieve the "after" look. :ohwell:

Yes, they didn't do NADA to this girls' hair. Anyone with natural hair knows that hair can go from combed out frizzy to sleek and curly without hair relaxers. All you need to do for picture number one is to comb the hair out when it has dried in 2 braids for instance. For picture number two, just let hair air dry and put some oil or hair lotion in it first.
I'm not even going to read the blog, I know my blood will boil :mad:

sexyaqr said:
PLEASE don't do that to your daughter's hair. Our hair in it's natural state is beautiful as is. I thank my mother for never putting a chemical to my hair. As a matter of fact, my mother has 5 daughters and never pressed or chemically straigthened our hair. We all did that to ourselves when old enough. So please don't do it. I wish I had remained natural. Just scared to transition at this time

DON'T worry sexyq;) , I wasn't planning on putting this in my daughter's hair. I just wanted to know if this was a relaxer or texturizer and I read that blog too and it is VERY disturbing but one lady snapped out and told her she should be ashamed of herself. There was clearly nothing wrong with her daughters hair before she put that stuff in her hair and I stopped reading the blog because I was getting very upset:)

Scarey?- what did you expect when you f***** a black man?
Have they never seen mixed people before- tv, internet- , do these people live in the woods?

I think this woman has good intentions....but suffers from ignorance. Even so, she's going to make a mint on this product.

With all the kitchen chemists on this board and others I know someone has created a "texture softener" that truly is chemical free. Or maybe someone has an effective method for doing the same. My point is: there are MANY potential millionaires here. Why don't we put our own line of haircare products together? We have mixologists galore, marketing pros, lawyers. Why can't WE do this instead of watching Sunflower Mom market (and profit) from ignorance. There should be a product out there to counter hers while it's still so new to the market.

Who has a friggin' recipe??? Let's start with that, dang it.

I'm going to the darn career board to start another thread!!

Jaizee said:
Did you guys read this story that the "Sunflower Mom" posted on her blog? It was so hilarious...NOT! She thought this was so funny. It got me heated! :mad: Here's the story:

I just wanted to share a story that one of my collegues at work shared with me the other day. She is a white female who is also married to an African American. She has 3 boys and the other day they were giving their dog, Casper, a bath. The youngest, who is in second grade, was trying to control the dog while they were bathing him but the dog would not listen to him. So the mom yelled for the dog to be still and the dog obeyed her. When this happened, the son made the comment to his brother..."You know why Casper listened to mom? Because she is white and white people stick together!!!" Of coarse, Casper's fur is white so he made the assumption that he is a caucasion dog! So the mom said well, how come you listen to me??? Your not all white? He said...That's why I only listen to you "half" the time!! Get it???? Because he is half!! Isn't that funny?? It is also sad in a way that he is already understanding how this society is for the most part. "White people stick together". A second grader is figuring out how cruel the world can be! It kind of shocked her!

The dog is caucasian bc his fur is white? Lord help them. My white dog is black thank you very much. LOL This woman is crazy.

...wow...
That just goes to show you, you have to be careful with false advertisements<<<especially when it pertains to the kiddies. I saw this ad and for a minute there...I was hooked.

shelli4018 said:
I think this woman has good intentions....but suffers from ignorance. Even so, she's going to make a mint on this product.

With all the kitchen chemists on this board and others I know someone has created a "texture softener" that truly is chemical free. Or maybe someone has an effective method for doing the same. My point is: there are MANY potential millionaires here. Why don't we put our own line of haircare products together? We have mixologists galore, marketing pros, lawyers. Why can't WE do this instead of watching Sunflower Mom market (and profit) from ignorance. There should be a product out there to counter hers while it's still so new to the market.

Who has a friggin' recipe??? Let's start with that, dang it.

I'm going to the darn career board to start another thread!!

....:lachen: ...I am with you Shelli!

Bosslady1 said:
...wow...
That just goes to show you, you have to be careful with false advertisements<<<especially when it pertains to the kiddies. I saw this ad and for a minute there...I was hooked.

right, that's why I made this thread because I wanted to know what was REALLY up with this new product but as I've stated I would never put anything in my daughter hair until she's old enough to decide besides her dad will KILL me:lol: There's this little girl at my daughter's daycare and when she was 2, she came in with her hair really straight and mind you she did not have that much hair but anyway when I saw her hair I asked my daughter's daycare provider did the little girl have a perm and then I just started laughing and said Rachael put a perm in this baby hair...it wasn't funny...it was sad because you know some kids still have that little thinning/fuzzy hair in the back of their hair...well she still had that little fuzzy hair in the back of her head and her mother should not have permed her hair at 2 and to top it off her hair was not completely grown in:)

Thanks ladies for putting me straight about this product..and I didn't get two many stones thrown at me:lol: but seriously I will now tell my co-worker that this is nothing but a relaxer and to not use it in her daughter's hair:)

Last edited:
JewelleNY said:
It is interesting and quite telling how she spells the word course "coarse":look: :ohwell:

Yah, I caught that too Jewelle:) she is very ignorant she was also calling her daughter hair a bush:) as the ladies stated it was nothing wrong with her daugher hair, she just wasn't using the right products:)

walgreens.com has the ingredients posted
I tried to copy and paste them but it's not working for me :(
this is a no lye relaxer
calcium hydroxide is the chemical

OMG...has anyone watched the "instructional viedo"...OMG...this little black girl with mostly 4a some 4b hair (she is clearly not multi-ethnic...whatever that is) has some of the most beautiful natural hair I have ever seen and then they put the kiddie relaxer in...I almost cried.

I read a blog entry from "Sunflower Mom" in December I nearly fell out of my chair. Man this child is going to have a lot of self image issues when she grows up. :mad:

Well, it is pretty late so I am going to make this short and sweet! I just thought this was kind of ironic. My daughter was shooting a movie this weekend and she plays a character named Camilla. Well, she lives with her dad (who is single). So, needless to say, her character isn't too well taken care of by her father. She pretty much dresses herself as well as doing her own hair.

So, here comes the ironic part...The producer of the movie said that her hair was too perfect. He had the hair dresser "nap it up"!! Her hair was all over the place!! It's funny, because we work so hard to try and get it looking good and he wants it nappy. My daughter about died!! She didn't like what they did...but of coarse, it was just for the movie so she didn't worry about it too much. The producer even made the comment that when they shoot her morning scene, he wants it even nappier!!!

Every time she passed by him, he kept on fluffing her hair up on the top and making it really wild! HE LOVED IT!!! She did not!!! As soon as we wrapped for the day, she wanted me to put her hair up immediately

Is she for real? I mean If she has such a problem with "nappy" hair why did she marry a Black man? I did see someone call her out on that comment though. I hope her daughter will have some other role models the counteract her mother's attitude.

In another post she claimed this stuff just "wears off". Excuse me it's a chemical process it's permanent. It will grow out but the hair it has already touched will never return to it's natural state. Call it what it is a weak "baby texturizer." If she wants to chemically treat her childs hair because she doesn't want to take the time to learn how to care for it fine.

She obviously has internet access there is tons message boards out there do a google search!

then on the blog the lady says this as an answer to a question
Monday, October 23, 2006

"How Soon Can I Use This Product?"

Hi Again!!

Well, I am getting more and more positive feedback from my friends that have tried the product. They are really amazed at how easy the product was to apply and also how well it worked on their childs hair. I have had several who were concerned about how soon they could apply the product after putting a perm or a relaxer on their hair.

As with any product, you should wait several months before applying. The JFMTS does have a mild chemical so you do need to be careful when applying. Please make sure that you read the directions very carefully. It also suggests that you test a small section of your hair just to make sure that you get the results you desire. Try not to apply it to the previously permed section of your hair, only to the new growth.

Remember, the texture softener is not a relaxer. It will, however, help to lengthen the curls to make them more manageable. If that makes sense. It in no way takes the curl out of your hair.

texture softener...... just like ya'll said..relaxer remarketed

Last edited:
I saw this sh*t on the shelf in my bss last week....right in the RELAXER section. It's a shame that many women will buy into this hype. Why is it that you can only apply it to a certain section of the hair (new growth) if it's a conditioner? Someone should contact a consumer advocacy group and report this as false advertising.

cmw45 said:
OMG...has anyone watched the "instructional viedo"...OMG...this little black girl with mostly 4a some 4b hair (she is clearly not multi-ethnic...whatever that is) has some of the most beautiful natural hair I have ever seen and then they put the kiddie relaxer in...I almost cried.

where is the video??I can't find it

Mmm. well i just got my sisters hair out of a perm last thing i want to do is make ie damged again! but i may texleiz it a lil

Back