Please dont let me be the only one

Detroit2Dallas

Ok heres the deal. I keep finding these super long strands of hair in my head. Mind you my hair rest alittle past my shoulders in the back and chin length on the sides when straightened (after i *ahem* trimmed...never again, I'm going to a stylist next trim). I'm natural and mostly wear my hair in twist or braids. I've been finding these pieces ever since I started using Hairobics hair products. The hair strands are long, like APL and they are a light brown and are loose curls. My hair is dark brown and curly :nono: my youngest daughter has a light sandy brown (lots of blonde in the sun) color hair like my grandmother...:look:yeah

At first i just found them in my brush and I thought it was some random white girls hair that had some how gotten on my head:lachen: (lol i figured because their hair is always shedding and I go to a all white school) but the only problem with that is that I wear a head wrap 90% of the time :ohwell:.

Then one day I was looking at my braids in the mirror and I had a long strand that reached my armpits coming out of my braid, so I unbraided it and it was coming out of my scalp!! :look::nono::nono: It was the same color as the other strands. I called my mom because I was scared lol it was like whose hair is this and why is it growing out of MY head??!! WTF is going on??!!

I see them all the time now, its like super strands. I take them out cause I cant walk around with that foolishness in my head. Has this ever happened to anyone while using a growth product?? My hair has grown with the hairobic products over all but these random freakishly long strands are killing me. Its freaking me all kinds of out. Please dont let me be the only one :wallbash:.

Last edited:
Not to be a Debbie Downer but some people don't go gray they go golden and those hairs don't all grow out of your scalp that way, but rather the hair loses its pigmentation.

BTW I haven't used hairobics so this could be totally off base.

ooooooooo ok well that explains the color but not the length... I also have some gray so idk why they would come in blondish.... I dont think I've had more since I've started using Hairobics and actually it looks like less then what I originally started out with.

But the strands are like twice as long as the rest of my hair. Like freakishly long. Its like the product is concentrated in these strands making them grow like that. I started using Hairobics in October. I know alot of ladies use hair growth stimulants and was wondering if this was random. I dont know if anybody else is using Hairobics but if you are can you please chime in.

I wouldn't worry unless it's really noticeable to others. Are they coming from a certain section of your hair? Maybe you're getting a growth phase randomly in some parts.

I wouldn't worry unless it's really noticeable to others. Are they coming from a certain section of your hair? Maybe you're getting a growth phase randomly in some parts.

It seems to be random...:perplexed It cant really be noticeable to others because I wear a head wrap most of the time.

I remember I found a blonde, yes BLONDE (like Jessica Simpson blonde) piece of hair growing from my hair once. The hair was a similar texture to my own hair though (nappy).

I showed my guy friend because I was shocked. He acted like it was no big deal (he actually is very brown skin with brownish hair himself).

His explanation was that the hair was caused due to recessive genes because most of us have white/Caucasian blood. I was like :perplexed. I thought it was an interesting theory, but not so sure about that.

^^^^ It's your ancestry coming to the surface. When you were relaxing it probably was being "lye/burned" off.
P.S. I've heard of incidences where people's hair turned straighter with age.

OMG!!!! Please tell me what happened! I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one :yep:

Okay, the first time I was playing with my hair and I suddenly pulled a "shed" hair. But it was straight and BROWN!!! At first I thought maybe one of my friends brushed up against me or something so I just put it past me.

Another time, I was moisturizing my hair and pulled out a BLONDE strain. What the freak???!!!!

Then another time, I was undoing some twist and ANOTHER long, straight BROWN hair strand came out. I am still confused to this day.....

A few weeks ago I found a long thick strand of hair in my head that was yellowish blond type of color.(my hair is like a dirty brown) it was really thick and felt kind of like plastic. I was like what the heck is this. I want to keep it but it got too annoying so I plucked it out. Darn How I wish I would have kept it... it was so weird..

i get blonde hairs coming in all the time. freaks me out too! i used to think they were carpet fibers (i sleep on the floor in my room sometimes :look: but carpet fibers don't have the same curl pattern as me, & they certainly don't have bulbs at the end!

i think the blonde is temporary, & that they're graying. i'm under a lot of stress.

^^^^ It's your ancestry coming to the surface. When you were relaxing it probably was being "lye/burned" off.
P.S. I've heard of incidences where people's hair turned straighter with age.

this happens in my family. Our hair doesnt get straighter but it gets finer and curlier in your 20's.

A few weeks ago I found a long thick strand of hair in my head that was yellowish blond type of color.(my hair is like a dirty brown) it was really thick and felt kind of like plastic. I was like what the heck is this. I want to keep it but it got too annoying so I plucked it out. Darn How I wish I would have kept it... it was so weird..

yup they are a lot thicker then my individual strands. LOL@ the bold! you sound real sincere about it bwahahahaaa!:lachen:

Gurl you are not alone the front of my hair is laced with lil blondies

and throughout my head I find these silky light brown strands and they are harder to break than my coarser strands ( I know cuz try to break em when they shed) so I attribute that to the longer length....They make me laugh cuz I just want my head to choose one or the other! lol

Gurl you are not alone the front of my hair is laced with lil blondies

and throughout my head I find these silky light brown strands and they are harder to break than my coarser strands ( I know cuz try to break em when they shed) so I attribute that to the longer length....They make me laugh cuz I just want my head to choose one or the other! lol

that makes sense! because they can just grow and not break thats why they get so long so fast.

i get blonde hairs coming in all the time. freaks me out too! i used to think they were carpet fibers (i sleep on the floor in my room sometimes :look: but carpet fibers don't have the same curl pattern as me, & they certainly don't have bulbs at the end!

i think the blonde is temporary, & that they're graying. i'm under a lot of stress.

girl now u know aint no carpet 12 inches long lol!!!!!:lachen::lachen:

How long did you use it? How were your results?

For the ladies that had the same experience as me, were you taking growth stimulates at the same time? (ie pills, topical products)

I've been using the leave-in and the hair and scalp pomade thingy (i forgot the name of it) for the pst 3.5 months, it leaves my scalp feeling like i have ice melting on it. But im not sure how much its contributing to my growth because I also use OCT, sometimes OCT mixed with Biotin creme, i take MSM as well, so I dont know. :look:

I have a very straight, very white hair growing out of my temple right now. I just let it be... I figured that I will with age be gray at the temples... BUT now that you mention it I noticed that that strand is very very straight. Weird.

I did a thread about this. I have hand in hair syndrome and I felt a tug and then I saw this like 12 in strand of hair that came out of my head:perplexed that wouldn't be weird if I didn't just bc and even before that my hair was cut. It was soo weird. I was sad though:sad: I wanted it to be encouragement to my other strands.:grin:

I did a thread about this. I have hand in hair syndrome and I felt a tug and then I saw this like 12 in strand of hair that came out of my head:perplexed that wouldn't be weird if I didn't just bc and even before that my hair was cut. It was soo weird. I was sad though:sad: I wanted it to be encouragement to my other strands.:grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Just chiming in...my two gray hairs at my temple are perfectly straight...no curl pattern at all....

I would not have thought anything of it had I not come to this page. If that's how my hair will grow in when I start to gray all over, I will have to change my entire regimen because I will have a completely different head of hair.

I don't wanna grow up....

cj

Back